cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planned order generated instead of purchase requisition after MRP run -strange situation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I met a very strange situation.

master data:

material A

procurement type:F

MRP parameter: Create purchase req. =2

planning margin key=000

no MRP group.

Symptom:

we set MRP midnight job and the parameter of Create purchase req.is 2. planned order generated instead of purchase requisition after MRP run.

but when I execute MRP manually (the T-code: MD02 MD01,MDBT) purchase requisition generated !

Could you give me any suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I also faced the same issue, after following changes PR got created.

In MM02, View MRP2, change the Procurement Type to F - External Procurement, save.

Later run MRP, PR will definitely get created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use MRP run Setting 1 (not 2) for PR creation to have PR always created.  Otherwise you will have planned orders that can be converted to PRs.

The Opening Period is determined by the individual material in each plant.  You will have to do a material by plant calculation to determine the opening period.

Check the MRP run plant settings as well.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I would suggest you to check the creation indicator defined for the MRP Group.

You have mentioned that there is no MRP Group assigned to this material, however, if there is an MRP Group with key equal to the material type, these settings are considered by MRP.

BR

Caetano

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are referring procurement type F: for external procurement and in MD01 'Create PR' is set for 2: Create PR in opening period. This setting of yours will surely create a PR instead of planned order. To generate planned orders change the settings of material master procurement type to 'X' or 'E' and in MD01 'Create Purchase Requi.' to 3: planned orders. These settings will create a planned order instead of a PR.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your comment.

Actually,  I want to get purchase requisition after MRP run but I don't want to change the Create

The requirement date is in the past, I don't know why planned order generated instead of purchase requisition.purchase req. to 1.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Della,

In MD02 please use the indicators as NETCH ,1,1,3,3,2  and run MRP and check if the system creates a PR.

You may take the help of PP guy also in it.

Regards

Saurabh