cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection is locked in planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a report screen which has two button X & Y for example. Two buttons lead to same planning book but different data view using function module /SAPAPO/MSDP_SDP_START. for both buttons I am using the same selection (Sales org level). First I go to data view A (for example) by clicking button X. In planning book, I switch to change mode. Then I click back button ( System throws a popup to save and I click Ok)  which goes back to report screen. then I click 'Y' button to go to data view 'B'. Now i am now into corresponding data view. There is no problem so far. The problem If i click change button in data view 'B; system throws error message that "Selection is locked by user XXXX". Could please tell me how to unlock the selection after coming back to report screen.

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Suresh Kumar V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

How about considering the option like :

> Before clicking the back button in data view " A" , change the mode from Change MODE to Display mode and click the back button and come back to report screen . They try going to data view " B ".

I think it might work....

Thanks...

Emani

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

You need to set the selection profile properly, so that the two selection won't create conflicts lock in SM12.

To check lock entries for a selection, you can first load it in change mode, the in the "Goto" menu, select "Lock entries". This will show you the lock entries in SM12. May be this will give you some clue.

For lock entry's creation, please also refer to note 1130258.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Without deeply analysing your program/scenario I would try making the system close and restart the progarm after closing the planning book, as the lock may be present until you close your program.

Regards,
Leonardo