Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters not passed in launch_transaction; transaction stop

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to call a report based transaction from the FPM object as follows:

ls_tra_lo-header_text = 'Log-in with your HR_ User!'.

ls_tra_lo-tcode = 'ZHR_XX_SSF_UPD_SYSTM'.

ls_tra_lo-pers_dialog = 'ZHR_XX_SSC_HCM_PF_UPD'. "'DIA_BUA_CCMONITOR'.

ls_tra_lo-variant = space.

ls_tra_lo-gui_type = 'WIN_GUI'. "just to test

ls_tra_lo-system_alias = 'HR-BSP'. "'ZHR_XX_SSC_HCM_PF_UPD'.

ls_parameter-key = 'PAPROCNR'.

ls_parameter-value = '900000000038'.

APPEND ls_parameter TO ls_tra_lo-parameter.

ls_add_param-skip_init_screen_if_possible = abap_true.

lo_navigate_to = mo_fpm->get_navigate_to( ).

CALL METHOD lo_navigate_to->launch_transaction

EXPORTING

is_transaction_fields    = ls_tra_lo

is_additional_parameters = ls_add_param

IMPORTING

et_messages              = lt_message

ev_error                 = lv_error.

Unfortunately, the parameters don't get passed to the selection screen of the report (they are in the generated URL). Furthermore while the first screen of the transaction is shown, after clicking on execute (F8) the transaction just stops and the empty shell of program SAPMSYST is being shown.

I have the impression that there might be a bug, at least in the parameters' passing.

Anyone had this problem? I would like to use it since it allows me to call in an internet explorer window the WinGui itself, not just the WEBGui.

Trying the code of this discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/1594478 it works, except that the parameter doesn't get passed with that code either.

Thanks a lot in advance, Ioan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

The type of the transaction in se93 was wrong (report and dynpro instead of report and selection screen). You get a warning message when running the transaction in se93 but not anywhere else. After setting the transaction properly, it worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ioan,

About passing parameters.

Try to use type of selection screen parameter as a key in ls_parameter structure. It helped me once.

Example:

for p_prg_t parameter:

ls_parameter-key = 'TEXT60'.

ls_parameter-value = 'Test'.

According your question about WebGUI and WinGUI. Could you clarify what the problem do you have with this parameter? I didn't catch it in your post.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

The parameters are already added to the parameter table and appearing partly scrambled in the generated URL:

https://portaladdress/portal?NavigationTarget=ROLES%3A%2F%2Fportal_content%2Fcom.sap.pct%2Fevery_use...

Webguid and wingui is clear, no problem there.

The second problem is that the transaction (report based) starts to the first screen (selection screen). But when clicking on execute (F8) instead of my custom transaction being executed, the transaction simply exits (ends). Needles to say, my transaction has no problem when called in se38, there is no short dump, it's all very fpm-confidence-shattering to me .

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ioan,

As I understood you launch GUI transaction in browser window. If your selection screen looks like on screenshot it can be that your second problem links to some program elements which cannot be used in browser mode. Do you use ALV grid on the main screen (some times it can be a problem)? Or do you trigger GUI download/upload functionality (e.g. cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download method) in your report?

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaskandr,

Thanks for taking time to look into this. The transaction looks fine in the first screenshot. The transaction also works perfectly fine when called from the UWL as part of a work item action (i.e. in the WEBGui). The transaction is nothing special visually.

Kind regards,

Ioan.

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi loan,

I didn't know more about the FPM, Launch object. I found one little thing inside your code.

ls_parameter-value = '900000000038'.

APPEND ls_parameter TO ls_tra_lo-parameter.

You are appending the data into the deep structure. But you are passing the complete Table. I am not sure what i am saying that is correct or  not.

CALL METHOD lo_navigate_to->launch_transaction

EXPORTING

is_transaction_fields          = ls_tra_lo                              " Try to pass the Expicity internal table only parameter                                                                                                            type

is_additional_parameters = ls_add_param

IMPORTING

et_messages                       = lt_message

ev_error                                  = lv_error.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards.

Nishant Bansal.