Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One inst lot for partial order Qtys

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly help me to know the way to generating the one inspection lot(04) for the GR of partial Qtys with batch for one Production order.

E.g: Production Order Qty 100 no's

Partial GR's for same production order Qty 20,30 & 50 with using inspection type 04.

I want to generating the one inspection lot(04) instead of three.

i have tried with Control of Inspection Lot with An inspection lot for an early goods receipt inspection,but not fulfill the requirement.   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using early inspection functionality, pl specify what exactly you could not achieve.

Besides, if you maintain same batch number for every GR, then you should try with another option there i.e 2 For each material, batch and storage location

If above also does not satisfy your requirement then I think some more info is required to know your scenario well.

ntn

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry i missed to mention in example i will generate the different batches(manual batch no) for each partial GR.

its failed due to different batches system generating the new lot no for second GR on wards.

E.g: Production Order Qty 100 no's

Partial GR's for same production order Qty 20,30 & 50 with different batches using inspection type 04.

I want to generating the one inspection lot(04) instead of three.

System Standard Document:

When you process an early inspection for a goods receipt using an inspection lot

with lot origin 04, note the following points:

If a different batch is posted to warehouse stock for the order, the system

automatically creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04 for the

processing of this batch.

If you make a goods receipt posting to a different storage location, the

system also creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04.

If you cancel an inspection lot (lot origin 04) after you make a usage

decision, the system creates a new inspection lot (lot origin 04) with next

goods receipt.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not Possible one inspection lot for 3 batches.

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. This cannot be done in case of different batch number.

If you still need to do it or it is very critical, you can do one GR with total qty and further split this batch to two other for desired qtys. though it is not a proper and recommended solution.

Either you use same batch number or don't do it at all. Can you explain why does user look for this option?

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can do this with same batch no . Qty will get add up with insection lot created but do not process the inspection lot unless GR for entire Qty is done.

You can not achive this with early lot creation for order item.You need to have lot at GR

Inspection type set up you neeed to have one IL for Batch,Materail and Sloc

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandesh Amle

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200271
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answer, I faced the same scenario and it really solved my confusion.