Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files should be processed in sequence

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are facing some issue in one of our interface in PI production. For this interface normally 3 files comes every day in total, with the interval of 30 minutes and the issue is that the very first file sometime got stuck in the queue due to some other reason and the second file processed before the first one via some other queue and so on.

So we have to make sure that the file which comes first to PI, must be processed first then second one and then third one.

In order to fix the issue, we have tried to prioritize the queue concept but did not help us. We are looking for the setup a dedicated queue for this interface if possible or do you have any other suggestion from your end.

My Scenario is JMS to Proxy. And we are using Exactly once quality of service, is there any possibility to achieve this requirement if we change the quality of service to Exactly once in order..! which shouldn't affect the other messages.

Thanks in Advance..!

--

With Warm Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Ya you are right  i think you can use the "Exactly once in order" for that  & define the queue name which will not effect the other messages

Regards

Gagan

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila/Raj,

Thanks for your timely reply..!

My doubt is, if I use exactly once in order quality of service and the queue name in the sender communication channel, is there any chance to other messages to get in to this queue.

Please tell me how I can restrict the other messages to process from this queue. (can I use this queue to process only this perticular messages)

Thanks..!

--

With Regards

Raj

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you have any field to identify these messages you could take James Wood approach that i have mentioned. He said: "For instance, you may want to derive the EOIO queue names in terms of some key identifier in the inbound message (e.g. a document number)."

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

You could try configuring your channel with EOIO processing. Check James Wood's blog http://scn.sap.com/people/james.wood/blog/2011/04/13/dynamic-eoio-queue-derivation-with-adapter-modu...

Regards.