Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to XI - XI adapter communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the following scenario :

BSysA --> XIA --> XIB --> BSysB

XIA and XIB are my two integration servers with separate SLDs. Both XIA and XIB have been setup as integration servers in sxmb_admin

My aim is to setup a communication between XIA and XIB using XI adapters

In XIA - integration server, I set up a receiver determination for the msg from BSysA to point to XIB and a corresponding receiver channel .

I have included XIB as a busines system in SLD of XIA and vice-versa. ( XIA and XIB having roles of business systems in the respective SLDs )

Now when I send a message from BSysA - it reaches XIA and then gets routed to XIB - in XIB - I get a error message PROXY_NOT_ALLOWED_ON_IS - Proxy calls on the sender or receiver side are not permitted on the IS

Now, I don't understand why XIB cannot be treated as an integration server ( which it is as per definition ) and the message from XIB be forwarded to its logical receiver BSysB ( I set up another receiver determination in XIB to point to BSysB )

( I have only a single client on XIB configured as an integration server )

Any thoughts on what is going wrong here - ? I am sure I am missing a very minor detail here - since I saw another thread which said they have managed a XI to XI communication in a similar fashion.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in your XIB with SXMB_ADM if the system is configuered as an Integration Server (not application system).

Check in the URL of the receiver channel of your XI channel in XIA, if the URL ends with "entry" or "center", not with "receiver".

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

Thanks for the tip - my receiver channel defn - had 'receiver' and hence I guess - had the issue - I am able to establish connectivity now between the two XI servers - thanks a lot - full points !!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

Anybody who has tried this scenario - inputs are appreciated. I am really needing some help - regarding what I am missing here - Would appreciate pointers and thoughts shared...

Karthik.M

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik,

I know I had pointed the blog by my Colleague to you in your earlier thread.

Get in touch with him and he will certainly be able to help you because he has implemented a real time scenario of XI - XI implementation. Even though he used SOAP adapters, he will surely give you an idea on what the issue with XI adapters might be.

Regards

Bhavesh