cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source and Target procedure determination in Customs declaration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to understand, How does system determines, source procedure and traget procedure in customs declaration.

I know that source procedure can be from 01 to 07(Community area to inward processing).But I want to know how system determines if it is community area or free zone etc.

Also In the target procedure, how system determines whether it is Export/re export, free circulation or anything else.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

The target procedure is generally chosen by YOU when you create the Declaration.

The source procedure is chosen by the system, generally according to the work-list from which you create the Declaration.

The exceptions are some of the "Inventory-managed Customs Procedures" (e.g. OPR), where the source and/or target are determined according to the settings in the Product Master record and the Master Data for Authorisation and BoP assignment.

Your question is perhaps too general.  If you need more specific advice on a situation, please come back.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

We are sending goods from DE to BR(Brazil). Proforma invoice is created at the feeder system and it is transfered to GTS and created Customs declaration. I have not chosen anything.

In the customs declaration we can see that source procedure is Community Area and Target procedure is Export / Reexport.

We are trying to understand based on what logic or setting system is determining these?

Regards,

Suman

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Those procedures are the (hard-coded) defaults for a Customs Declaration created by the transfer of a billing document, and I'm sure they are what you would want and expect.

With the right master data set-up, you could instead have the target procedure determined as OPR.  Similarly you could instead have the source procedure determined as IPR.  And if Customs Warehousing was in use for the Plant / Storage Location, then the source procedure would be determined as CWH.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

I´m having the same issue than Suman.

Can you tell us where can we do that? Is there any specific transaction or program to do this: "With the right master data set-up, you could instead have the target procedure determined as OPR"?

Kind regards,

Rubén.

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

i dont think there is a specific transaction. for ex to have the target procedure as OPR, you need to set up the master data of the exported materials as OPR: flagged,assigned to OPR CUstoms id, license created, BP assigned to both product master and license, Customs id set up in ECC/GTS, materials retransferred; then, when you export, the system will automatically set the target procedure to OPR..

same for CWH and IPR

hope it helps

Assen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Assen,

First, thank you for your reply.

Let me make another question then, how can I assign a material to IPR Customs id for example?

Should I change the value of one field in any table or can I do that in any transaction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rubén.

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

this is very basic info , i wld say, i will tell you but behind it there is still a lot to configure. As far as i know, the IPR doc is not very detailled, so it might be difficult to do the config.

however, the inbound part of IPR is very similar to BWH, where there is a quiet good documentation.

now, to your question; in GTS, in the product master, in Special Customs regimes, you can assign the Customs id to the product and flag it as component or finished goods. then, retransfer back to ECC and assign the products in the IPR license.

KInd regards

Assen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Assen,

I´ll try it and let you know if it worked.

If only this information is useful for any other user.

Kind regards,

Rubén.