cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P and PI together possible/necessary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Coalleagues,

i am new to the topic of ESOA and approaching this topic from the point of view of communication between an SRM and ERP system as part of procurment proesses.

As a concrete task I am looking into the integration of an SLC system which is deployed on an SRM server to an MGDS/ERP. As per the corresponding configuration guide, this intergaration between SLC (Supplier Management) and MDGS is supposed to be done via a P2P-connection.

While trying to understand possible implications (regression aspekts) of the activation of a P2P connection i have examined the already existing connection between the SRM server and the ERP system. I have found out that these two systems are connected via an PI system in order to use processes from Self Service Procurement and from Contract Management.

Based on my understanding, that for SOA communication you can either use PI or P2P (please correct me if i am wrong) - i am facing the question whether it is actually possible/feasible to establish a P2P connection for one process (Suppler Management) whereas for other processes (Self Service and Contract Management) PI is used?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

My understanding for SRM and SUS integration, SAP provided out of box PI content, and you can easily configured and use, so it make sense to use PI.

while if SLC and MDGS is supposed to use P2P, again, if it was built that way,  better you just follow it.

I used PI for SUS/SRM communciation and ALE/idoc for ECC to SRM connection in on one project. SAP interface can have multiple approach, really depend on which fits better.

Hope this help with your answer.

--Wenning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for input Wenning.

Best Regards,

Dimitri

Answers (0)