cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create one common WSDL for PI Web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to find out the possibility of having 1 WSDL for all the interfaces that are exposed as the web services. Is it possible within PI to generate such WSDL.

Actually we are having around 20-25 interfaces for multiple operations which are exposed as web services to a particular system. We are looking to have 1 WSDL encapsulating every operation which will prevent to have 20-25 end-points for the legacy system

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bhavani_Baisani
Participant
0 Kudos

Create service interface with multiple operations. In each operation use external message type and choose WSDL methods.. Likewise, you can add many operations and each specfic to one WSDL method or function.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies but as Shabarish pointed out, it would be difficult to maintain hence we didn't considered the same.

I thought something might be available in Service Registry or WS Navigator which can do this. Anyways i guess external tools such as XMLSpy may have functionality to do the same. Exploring the same.

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

I think you can choose an intermedium approach, and to create WSDLs with similar functionality, like ERP modules: FI-CO, FI-AM, etc.

Also you should to take into account if you create a new SOAP service and you have any error in the wsdl you could make a fail in all existing interfaces, for example if your clients take the wsdls from service registry.

Regards.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a good idea but something that needs to be thred cautiously. But if you have thought this thru and want to have the approach of a single end point, then the only option is to have a service with multiple operations.

This will consolidate your interfaces into a single interface. Note that this provides a significant reusability and commonality but increases complexity and maintenance.