cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining E1ED19 with existing Z table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a legacy system where return orders are created. Then this return order inputs reach to SAP through incoming idoc. Business needs to check the idoc fall out for incorrect material number passed on through the idoc along with other general inbound idoc errors. Material comes through E1EDP05 segment , IDTNR field. I need to create a query table joining an existing z table ( for general idoc fall out error) with material coming through incoming idoc.

Will I be able to join the  Z- Table with E1EDP19 in SQVI? But E1EDP19 is a structure. Can I join a structure with a table in SQVI? If it is not possible, can you tell me how I can get material data from idoc with the existing Z table output without doing any ABAP change?  I cant get material data from sales order/ VBAP.

Cheers

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think you will succeed in this.

As you rightly said ED1ED19 is only a structure.

The table behind is EDID4, which holds the data of any IDOC

The values are stored in SDATA, which is a  long character field.

you need the Idoc record number and the segment number to find the record you are looking for.

And here you actually divide the SDATA field according to the field definition of the structure E1EDP19 to know the field values from this long characters string.

Absolutely impossible to get this joined in a SQVI.