cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KF calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible for a KF (e.g. Total Demand) to have one macro in first Planning Book and other macro in second Planning Book.
To explain further -- I want to calculate the value of KF --'Total Demand' adding KFs -- KF1, KF2 and KF3 in one Planning Book.
In other Planning Book-- 'Total Demand' is adding KFs -- KF1, KF2 only.

Is it feasible ? Thanks for all pointers...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Emani said, of course you can. But for the mentioned key figure, it is an auxiliary key figure instead of liveCache key figure, which means it will never be saved in any database or liveCache. So there is no "overwrite" problem for such key figures, and no inconsistency will be caused. The only problem is, you'll get different planning result in heuristic or optimizer with the two data views.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Are you saying Total Demand is an auxiliary key figure, please confirm.

I checked in the my SCM 7.0 system, it is time series key figure created based on standard infobject (9ADMDTOT).

Please help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Here Ada must be reffering to the Total Demand Key figure in SNP Planning book and it is a auxilliary key figure.

Thanks,

Emani

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly Emani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes it is possible. Macro's are Data view specific. So, you can diff macros as said above.

But, the latest run macro will over write the values in Key figure if run for same selection ID and in that case it may cause inconsistent values.

Thanks,

emani