cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve Leave Request App is taking a long time to load

Former Member
0 Kudos

I entered the following url : http://<server>......<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_hcm_lr_apv/index.html for 'approve leave request' app in the browser but it is taking a long time to load and i am getting the below screen:

And the page doent load even after though i wait for an hour. What may be the reason for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

My leave Request App present under employee apps is working fine.

Regards,

Benita

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

In the case, system alias or taskprocessing setting in the /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE or secenario definition is wrong. Please upload the screenshots.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the error log i posted above which i obtained from transaction code  IWFND/ERROR_LOG highlights some other issue.

We have a local gateway and i tested the RFC connection and its working.

Regards,

Benita

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

I think the issue is in basic software setup. Is this the first app you implemented? Does any other app work fine?

I recommend you to check basics, support package level, apply mandatory notes, ST22 short dump, etc.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj,

I clicked the 'error log' button on the screen of Transaction code IWFND/GW_CLIENT in gateway but its empty.

However if i use the transaction code IWFND/ERROR_LOG i get the below screen:

Regards,

Benita

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

From the screenshots of the error log it looks that the RFC connection to the ERP systen is not correct.

You do not have a local gateway in your ERP system. Is that Right? In that case you would need a TRFC connection to the ERP system.

You can check this in the transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE. Search for the Approve Leave Request service(search with GBHCM003) and check for the Odata in the bottom half of the screen.

On the botton right there would a RFC connection to an ERP system. Just check if this connection is working fine.

Same user should exist in the gateway and ERP system.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

I entered this URL http://<server>....<port>/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo/ConsumerScenarioCollection?$filter=((ConsumerType eq 'TABLET')) and ((UniqueName eq 'LEAVEREQUESTAPPROVAL' ))

in  /IWFND/GW_CLIENT.

The status code is 200.

But the error log is empty.

Regards,

Benita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

I tried the steps mentioned int the above document.I got two of the links present in network tab which had string sap/opu/odata.Those links are:

1) http://<server>...<port>/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo/$metadata

2)

http://<server>....<port>/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo/ConsumerScenarioCollection?$filter=((ConsumerType eq 'TABLET')) and ((UniqueName eq 'LEAVEREQUESTAPPROVAL' ))

Regards,

Benita

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

Go to the transaction /IWFND/GW_CLIENT and test the OData.

/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo/ConsumerScenarioCollection?$filter=((ConsumerType eq 'TABLET')) and ((UniqueName eq 'LEAVEREQUESTAPPROVAL' ))

What is the response status and data?

Regards,

Masa

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

Do you see any errorin console in browser or in the Error log in gateway as mentioned by Masa above in the link.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please could you tell me the procedure to test the service in the gateway system?

Regards,

Benita

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

It is in this OData troubleshooting step.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Thanks for your prompt response! Checked the documents you provided above. In one of those documents it was mentioned to paste the leaveapproval link in the browser and press F12 since i use IE browser but when i checked in the list which was displayed in network tab none of those links had the string /sap/opu/odata/.. .What may be the issue?

Regards,

Benita

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

is it possible for you to use Chrome browser and press F12 and check the console to see any errors are there. I assume one of the Odata calls would be failing and you should be able to see the error in the console.

You could also test the service for Leave Approval in the gateway system and check the Error log there to see if the Odata works

Best Regards

Pankaj

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benita,

It means your system is not configured properly and the app is not working.

Probably some system alias definition, OData service settings and trusted RFC configurations are wrong.

Regards,

Masa