Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Output issue in copying the Text

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For Standard sales hard coded text "under Purchase and Sale Agreement # 1 as of Dec,xxth, xxxx" is copied to Invoice output.

Recently they started configuring 3rd party sales, for this sales different text"under the Agreement on the Authorized Distributorship № 004-2013 dated 01-xx-xxxx( 8o char lenth)" should be copied in voice output

For 3rd party sales Business asked us to copy the text from General data of customer (ADRCT-REMARK) into invocie output unlike hardcoded text for Standard sales.

Now the above 80 char text is text is not fitting into ADRCT-REMARK so that we can copy this into Invocie output

ADRCT-REMARK field lenth suppiting upto 45 char.

now what is the best place we can maintain the 80 char lenth text so that from there we can populate that into invoice output( for 3rd party sales).

Appreciate your help.

thanks,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am not sure i think through Text determination procedure you can copy the text into Invoice output.

Thanks,

Srinu.

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks srinu for your reply. But if I copy the text through text determination that will copy to the invoice. But what happens to the hard coded text which is already maintained for standard sales.

I don't think so we can put some conditions in text determination likr for standard sales X text and for 3rd party sales" Y" text should be copied.

Any other advice please reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not have 2 texts without logic for standard sales & 3rd party sales. you can just maintain free text in T.code SO10 and put this logic in output program logic.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your issue is with invoice smartform? If yes then you can use hard coded text for normal sales and copied sales text from customer master or from invoice header text. Ask your ABAPER to put if condition and differentiate third party sales and normal sales from item category.

Thank$

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your reply,

Seems to be working fine this way, but could you pleas explain in detail about So10 process?

how we should maintain?

i went to SO10, when i went and enter the required text is showing invalid char, when i removed the "," then it allowed me to proceed.

And also please let me know some more details, like who is suppose to maintain SO10 is it ABAPER or Funtional guy?

Waiting for your reply.

thanks,

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

thanks for reply, As i alredy siad from the customer master i dont find any field which support the 80 char lenth in customer master,

And if i copy the text from Invoice header to Invoice output, there is already hard coded text is there which is ment for standard sales.

So only by putting condtion only we may reflect the text in the out put, but if we copy the text for 3rd party salse through invocie headr to invoice output, can we maintain conditon ? because this is copied through text determination.

Thanks,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First this yes we can maintain conditions for texts and 2nd thing why don't you hard code text in invoice smart form program. Ask your ABAPER to put if condition that if this is normal sales then XXXXXXXXXXXX and if third party sale then XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I think this will be more simplest way but condition is that you have only two fix texts like headings or title etc. Otherwise maintain two texts at invoice header and determine them through condition record.

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Friends,

Any other inputs?

thanks,

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Instead of using ADRCT - REMARK which is limited to 45 characters, you can use Customer Master - General Texts where you can easily input Texts more than 80.

From Customer Master General Data - Go to Extras - Texts.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

thaks for your reply. but if we maitain from below path, i think we need to maintain the text determiantion process right? if am not wrong.

From Customer Master General Data - Go to Extras - Texts.

If so i dont think we can put some condtion like when 3rd party sales order is creatd pick the text from so and so field and table.

or If you are saying like it is just like ADRCT-REMARK field, could you please let me know what is the table and field ?

i cheked in F1 tec information it is showing structure .

thanks,

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Yes. You will have to maintain Text Determination Procedure. But if you do not want to copy the Text in Sales order then the process is fairly simple.

In your Invoice Print program your ABAPer can easily enter a condition to pick a particular Text ID in case of Standard Order & another Text ID in case of Third Party orders.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any input on the above requirement?

thanks,