cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas: Script does not work when order is incomplete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a script that once the order is saved copies the order # from the status bar and goes to my home page and paste it in a text box. it works fine when the order is good, however when the order is incomplete, the order is saved but the script fails to copy the order # from the status bar and paste it in the text box.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Mary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

More details, please. Are we talking sales order, purchase order, or something else? Does the script copy something unexpected or does it fail completely?

One possibility - are you getting a pop-up warning you about the incompleteness, so that the status bar isn't active in that case? Perhaps you need to detect that and dismiss the pop-up before you can copy the status bar text?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

I'm working with creating a sales order [VA01], i have a cockpit screen from where create a Sales order  so whenever is complete my order is complete, the script copies the SO# from the status bar and paste it in a text box in my cockpit screen. However when the SO is incomplete or get some other pop-up before it saves the order its not copying the order # from the status bar. I have no pop for the warning msg but a warning status msg. but even after we continue with the pop up and warning it remains in the VA01 Overview screen with the sales order # in the status bar.

How do we handle user action with the pop up window and after that still continue with the script?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

Hi mary,

Can you please have a look at Tobias's blog:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35565

Since the above blog is old, now you can also use "IF control Exists" to see if there is a pop up and then click on OK in your script.

If it helps, just upload a snapshot of actions you are doing after the "Save" button action in your script.

regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant,

The blog shows how to handle error pop-ups and get the msg...  but here the situation is a little different and we're expecting multiple pop-up's with different msg. Ex: order incomplete, credit check etc etc..

We want the users to take the decisions if with the warning they want to continue with the order saving or cancel the order, if they choose to save then my it should continue with the script which says to copy the status bar and paste it in the text box.

Thanks,

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't interrupt a script and continue it after some interaction. You have to split the script across multiple buttons and have the interaction be with those buttons. There are two ways to do this that I can think of. The simple way is to build a flavour for the pop-up and replace the standard Yes/No buttons with script buttons that continue as appropriate.

The other way is to use Tobias' technique to detect the presence or absence of any pop-ups and then build the interaction into the underlying screen where necessary. You can store the pop-up state in a hidden text field so that subsequent steps can query it.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

Was hoping that it would work with the user action...Tobias' technique would not work for us as we want user to see the warning/message and act upon it. However adding script to the pop-up would not work too as we do not know what kind of pop-ups would come for different scenario.

Need to work around it.

Regards,

Mary