cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import file in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert.

I am trying to load a file in the MDM catalog.

I start from an application on a SAP SRM portal, where I can browse my ".txt" file and upload it, via PI.

The uploading program works, but, unfortunately, there are some fields which are completely ignored and someother which are badly imported (I have a value in the file, but the value loaded in MDM is different).

Can you suggest me something where I should have to investigate? Where should I check to understand the reasons why some fields are totally ignored (i.e: Long Description) and some other are badly maintanined (i.e: Currency)?

I think that, in MDM, there should be somewhere mapping rules, where source and destination fields are mapped. Perhaps the error is in these mapping rules: but where are they?

Thanks a lot for yuour help

Ciao

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You can check following you might  track the issue:-

1. Check the field length for Long Description in MDM Console and check the length of value you want to pass to long description in txt file. There might be case that if value exceeds more than permissible limit, field will not be populated.

2. Check the mapping rules and trigger in portal since files are uploaded through portal.

3. Check for Meta data configuration.

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Point 1: it does not apply. I have a long description which is the same as the short!

Point 2: can you tell me where are the mapping rules? How can I get them?

Point 3: how can I check the Meta data configuration in MDM? Where should I look for?

Thanks again for your help

Best regards

Andrea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try checking the BADI BBP_SAPXML1_OUT_BADI or any other BADI relevant to the document you are trying to transfer

We had a scenario where we wanted to distribute contracts to MDM catalouge. We noticed in the BADI BBP_SAPXML1_OUT_BADI implementation that by defafault only few fields are transferred.

You can create an empty implementation of the BADI and check which fields are getting transferred by default.

As per my understanding you may need to implement the BADI BBP_SAPXML1_OUT_BADI. This also requires changes in the PI