cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM TM 9.0 and Visual Business 2.0

0 Kudos

Dear SAP colleagues,

Currently I am the responsible for Geo-Localization, I have done all the steps in SPRO (Geo Only) as Marcus Zahn has proposed in the MKS series, but I have a question hitting me all the time.

Once the ABAP guy make the technical steps contained into the WhitePaperGISIntegration.pdf / GISCookbookWebServiceIntegration.pdf

Should I see a map into VisualBusiness 2.0 GUI? Is there any guide to setup VB 2.0?

Also I want to ask you for the Cockpit transaction? How do I get It? We are not even made any SPRO TM settings at all.

Kind Regards,

Marco Perez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

the steps described in the whitepaper will have no effect at all on the geo-map component as they are purely backend service related.

I am a bit confused by your screenshot as it shows the visual business test cockpit and no standard SAP TM transaction. Actually all you need to setup the geo-map component SAP Visual Business 2.0 in SAP TM 9.0 is this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/transportation-management/blog/2013/02/18/monday-knowledge-snippet-...

What do you mean with Cockpit transaction? Transportation Cockpit? You find it in the standard menu assigned to your user role available in the NWBC.

Regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Thank You for your comments.

Ok I will explain my setup....

I did setup in the SPRO the values described in MKS 29, then I ask to my BASIS team to download the VB 2.0 for the .exe

So, due to your comments I think there is no need to have the .exe?

It is a bless to have the MKS, but as always there is no much info about it (I am not a SAP SCM Consultant, I am new , but SAP SD Consultant ).

How can I validate if the map is setup correctly?

Thanks!

Marco Perez

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, there should be a installation or setup .exe for visual business. What you show on the screenshot is the runtime. When starting the installtion, the regular SAP frontend installation window should come up.

Within the VB configuration activities for the map content there should be a test button to validate if your supplied URL is correct. And of course within the SAP TM you can start the Transportation Network Cockpit (as standalone geo-map application) under master data -> transportation network. There you can quickly validate if your frontend is installed correctly, your ACF certificate is installed and if the map content is configured correctly.

Anyway, of of this should be described in the TM installtion guide. Is it not?

Cheers,

Marcus

0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I agree with you, this info is available on th TM installation guide, What I a wanted to mean is that no step by step for newbies is available (You know what I mean). But any way I am happy to tell you that I have trial license from NOKIA to start my test.

I appreciate your efforts and comments,

Regards,

Marco Perez

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, no. From my point of view the setup of a component should be described sufficiently in the installation guide and there should not be something like a newbie setup version required. Otherwise we get lost.

It is a bit different for the topics I touch with the knowledge snippets as they bring together background, scenario and system. This is sometimes hard to cover in the application docu.

But good that you got it to work. You can close the thread.

Marcus

Answers (0)