cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hana upgrade ( 41 to 69) issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrading ( updated SUm first and then installed HLM via hana studio running in the han host) SUM and the new HLM installtation from the hana studio in a DELL HANA system, I have noticed that below folders ( hdbclient  , hdbstudio , hdbstudio_update,  HLM , lm_structure  ,SUM,  trans) were created under /hana/exeini/<SID> and the folders  bclient,  hdbstudio & hdbstudio_update  were dropped from /usr/sap automatically.

Is it  something normal ?

Also now If I execute the HLM to upgrade the hana from 41 to 59  from my desktop hana studio , i am getting out of space error on  /hana/exeini during the HLM pre upgrade checker phase. Is it something happen in Dell applience often and how to fix this?

Preinstall check
failed

Not enough
disk space:

| Mount
Point  | Required disk space (KB) |
Available disk space (KB) |

| /hana/exeini
| 10345196                 | 4468344                   | <== NOT ENOUGH SPACE
LEFT

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like Dell has made /sapmnt pointing to /hana/exeini . Hence we have noticed file structure changes there which is normal as per SP6 installtion manual. It doesn't make sense to use /hana/exeini as /sapmnt.

It doesn't make sense to use a tiny file system as /sapmnt. Not Sure what DELL (certified HANA partner) is thinking on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI

solution was to use 1933167  - No or not enough memory capacity for mount point /hana/exeini on Dell HANA appliances.

Another issue was identified in HLM on the path injection chack ... Solution was..

The HLM does not allow symbolic link in the installation path due to security reasons, i.e. the '/sapmnt 'should point directly to the actual filesystem as '/HANA/sapmnt' does so.

We will consider your set up and appropriate changes will be applied in the next HLM release/patch. Now I can propose you the following workaround:

1. 1. Prepare your update (fill all values in the GUI wizard) if not done
  2. 2. Right before the update (Before the press of Run/Resume button) do the following change:
  3. 2.1. Log as root on your system
  4. 2.2. Open the following file for editing, but do not change any file permissions: /usr/sap/hlm_bootstraps/execs/<SID>/scripts/functions.sh
  5. 2.3. Edit the assertNoPathInjections() function to do only: echo "Checking file ${1} ..."

With this workaround you will disable the path injection checks, so the update procedure should pass.

Answers (0)