cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Variants Matching of second level configurable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using a two level configuration and would like to match the material variant at the second level.  The first level is set as a sales order in the configuration profile and the second level which is our configurable finished product which we sometime distribute as a stock item.  This is a pretty standard use of the configurable products in SAP.

I am not able to get the material variant to appear on the sales order under the higher level item (sales order set).  When configuring the product structure in the sales order, I configure the top level then switch to the second level and configure it.  The material variant still shows as a possible variant but when I confirm the configuration the variant selection window does not appear like it would if I ordered only the second level finished product on its own.

Do you have some suggestions of where I can look to make this work?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daryl Traeger,

I belive you understand that variant matching is function of sales order , not the BOM explosion and thast why replacement of variant trigger easily in sales order by replacing configurable material, but when you have KMAT inside a KMAT , when second level KMAT is selected and you assign values which can derive a material variant but bOM explosion function dont have these ability to make this happen and hence it will be replaced , here your second level KMAT will be exploded further to select components.

I belive you can look for a exit which works in BOM explosion and write logic in it to perform variant matching and replace second level KMAT with its material variant.

Another option i pasted below , its from a old therad on same topic , you can check details in below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3211396

it will not work this way, Material Varients are replaced in sales order and it will repalce a material for which sales order is being created , i havent come accross scenario where MV will replace a KMAT in side a BOM. 

if you have a MV which could replace your second level KMAT , then it should have been present in BOM of first level KMAT , also you need to write selection conditions such that when this MV will be selected in that case your second level KMAT should not be selected otherwise it will be incorrect quantity for same material, ex. like 2 engines will be selected for a CAR.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ritesh,

We will looking into your suggestions farther and see if we can find a solution with the user exit.  In our case, it would be a big job to manage all of the variants with dependencies and I don't think classifying them would work with the sales order either.

Best Regards,

Daryl

Answers (0)