cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM 7.1 Autodocumentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I´ve made a repository and I really need to make a documentation about this. Anybody knows about a wizard or a option in the MDM Console, the MDM Data Manager or any other client?

Thanks for your support.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

To be frank not clear with your query, SAP NW MDM will not offer any such facility where you can have the Auto Documentation.

Just pen down the procedure you followed to create Repository and take screenshot of each step and add it in document it will add some flavour to your doc.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Thanks for your reply and sorry if my question it doesn´t clear. I think that it could be possible that SAP MDM 7.1. had a autodocumentation option, because others SAP Solutions have it, like SAP HANA where you can autodocument your information models.

Regards,

Elkin

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Elkin,

Thats fine, as far as i know, SAP MDM is a tool where it helps in consolidating and Harmonizing data across different Remote Systems, Till now I never come across Auto Documentation of Information Models.

Regards,

Girish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Elkin,

The "auto documentation" feature is available as a module in BODS via CMC, where it generates the ETL projects documentations with all the objects used in the DS Designer. Yes, HANA too have it but unfortunately this feature is not available in SAP MDM as of now.

regards

mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Your reply it´s a good approach of my goal, but in this project we are not using SAP Data Services, we are using SAP PI instead.

I actually made the documentation using screen captures of the repository taken directly from  the SAP MDM Console and it´s a quick solution for us.

Thanks for your reply,

Elkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elkin,

In my knowledge no such thing is shared by SAP but one can write many stored procedures to get the level of detail about structure and meta data of the repository using queries at DB level.

Otherwise you can also export schema and navigate to relevant section and use them,although it is not exactly as you would want it to be but can be useful in some cases.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I actually made the documentation using screen captures of the repository taken directly from  the SAP MDM Console. Because StakeHolders need the information of the Main Tables.

Thanks for your reply,

Elkin