cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming third party webservice in SAP using SAP PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on SAP PI 7.3 and new to this technology. There is a requirement, I want to use a third party webservice (like  webservice created in oracle,I2 or Sql) and consume it in SAP ECC using SAP PI 7.3. This a totally a new requirement for me and working on it first time. Please suggest how to start with this kind of requirement. Webservice has to be consumed using SAP PI which is must. Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI has a standard adapter to connect to SOAP web services like the ones created from SQL databases. Have a look in here as a reference for Communication Channel configuration:

Configuring the Receiver SOAP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

It's best if you could get a WSDL file from the web service host, then you can upload it to ESR (for message structure definition) and find the target URL for web service calls there, too.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Grzegorz.

Thanks a lot for the inputs provided, if you know ant threads or link which can give an example set for end to end scenario it will be very helpful, if you could help in giving an example of receiver soap configuration and how to consme webservice target url in ABAP proxy it will be very helpful.

Thanks

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Use this link you will get some idea.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a22024...

Get the WSDL file from receiver team and import it in to SA PI ESR (message structure) and use endpoint URL which is available in WSDL file to send data to receiver  application.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manigandan Ramasamy

Thanks for the inputs, the pdf you have referred with help in configuration of the webservice using SOAP channel, my actual requirement is how to consume the third party webservice through pi, after configuring the receiver soap channel using XI 3.0 protocol, what should be done at SAP ECC end i.e in the ABAP proxy how should we use the webservice url to consume the sebservice.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this your requirement? (Third Party --> PI --> ECC)

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks manigandan for your response.

Yes this is exactly the requirement,I want to know how to call the third party webservice url in ABAP proxy in ECC side or is there any other method to call through SAP PI.

One more doubt is what should be the Target Url in soap receiver channel, is it the third party webservice url or some url define in ECC side. please clarify regarding this also.

Thanks,

Neeraj

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

(Third Party --> PI --> ECC)

For this requirement third party has to send data to PI and PI will send to ECC, So you have generate WSDL in PI and share with third party. Third party will consume your web service and send data to PI.

In PI both channels should be SOAP channel and receiver channel should be PROXY.

Regards,

Manigandan

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to pull the data from web service rather telling webservice to push data to PI?

Regards,

Suman

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot pull the data from web service, but the alternate way to get the particular time is through your communication channel.

channel schedule option in communication channel in RWB.

Regards,

Manigandan

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Our requirement is to get the xml file from an url and using PI will post the data to ECC.

Its a https:// location and one ABAP report will run to pull the data.

How to get data from that location?

Regards,

Suman

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Is this your requirement,

you want to fetch the file form one location (https) and post it in to ECC.

Regards,

Manigandan

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try Soap with attachment , meanwhile set the time in communication channel. in this case channel will run only in particular time and go and pick the file.

But it is a SOAP then why are receiving the file as an attachment, instead try SFTP or file adapter .

Regards,

Manigandan

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Mani.

But using File Adapter, can we pull file from web link?

Regards,

Suman

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

FTP will pick the file from FTP folder only , if it is a SOAP call then you have to use SOAP adapter with attachment option.

Regards,

Manigandan