Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment category F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a PR for testing purpose with account assignment Category  F

for which  I understand order number must be mandatory field. But I was able to create PR by using cost center

Is there any settings to make order number mandatory or the system takes any one cost center or

Order Number.

Thanks

Sachin

typos in subject fixed: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this sounds like a very odd field selection in customizing of account assignment categories:

OLME > Account Assignment > Maintain Account Assignment Category.

Make sure that that the order number is made mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can make the field mandatory but I wanted to understand why the system accepts cost center. Then what is the difference in using F and K as account assignment category.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Its how it is mapped based on your Biz requirement, so based on that you can config the fields should be mandatory or not because some case the order may not help full to much so they want just to load on cost center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the 1st document link my required account assignment must be order and

G/L account number .As per that if I enter a wrong order or some other data system will give me error

as I have not done any change in the account assignment field selection. Or is it happening because the system needs cost object and for it both cost center and order act as one .

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you enter the order then the system asks for an G/L account and and controlling area and not the cost center..

Former Member
0 Kudos

right but I enter cost center and the system still accepts it ..want to understand what the is reason behind this behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have not understood correctly what i told earlier , when you enter an order the system asks you G/L account and resp controlling area and not cost center, so there must be some sequence to follow , if you not enter the order means you are loading just on cost center..

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The system needs a primary cost element - this can be a cost center OR an order.

With account assignment category F, SAP default should be 'Order' mandatory, but somehow it isn't. (I have seen this in many ECC instances).

So if you enter a cost center, SAP thinks - OK, cost center is sufficient and order not mandatory - so cost center is used as cost element.

If you enter Order, SAP thinks - OK, order is sufficient - so order is used as cost element.

If you enter both, with account assignment F, order should take precedence and cost center is then used only as a secondary or statistical element.

In fact, in one my clients, we had to put in an enhancement check to ensure that only statistical cost centers (with the check-mark in table CSKS) are used, even after we made Order mandatory for F.

To summarize, SAP allows you to use cost centers as secondary cost elements along-with orders. However, F should be made mandatory to ensure that Order is always used as primary (you'll need to ask SAP if this just an oversight or intended this way)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is what I am asking in my question I created a PR with account assignment category F .but instead of order I entered cost center and system allowed me without giving an error.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With account assignment category system will judge for only cost elements.

Setting is like that

For F = Order is mandatory.

And for K = Cost center is mandatory.

Either Order or Cost center is sufficient for using Cost element.

Make this as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right the system needs a cost element. One more question is then what will be the major difference in F and K  types if one does not make any configuration changes and keeps it standard.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The major and standard difference between K and F is

For K you have to enter the cost center

And for F you can use order or cost center..

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Systematically: with F, order will take precedence, with K, cost center (better verify this, I am not 100% sure since with F order is not mandatory)

Realistically: you users will be free to enter nothing in order field with F and your finance/purchase team will lose a control that only K goes with cost center.

Its better to make the config change to ensure better control.

F goes with order and K goes with cost center - make that the simple rule.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything is as per configuration in OME9. K, F etc are not fixed hard coded  values. you can as well have K = order and F = cost center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be optional or mandatory based on your SPRO config settings...

Materials Management/Purchasing/Maintain Account Assignment Categories

Check for account assignment category  "F"  whether the field CO/PP Order is option make it as mandatory

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make the order number field mandatory for account assignment category F.

Go to SPRO-IMG-MM-Purchasing-Account Assignment-Maintain Account Assignment Categories

Choose these field as mandatory Entry.