cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Use ZMMN instead of SMMN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure transaction DNO_CUST04  with field PROCESS_TYPE (or CHANGE_REQUEST) for ZMMN (Maintenance Cycle) as we need to modify some parts.

Not able to get the ZMMN maintenance cycle to be created nicely, anyone encountered this issue?

Authorization is not an issue as I have put in * for the CRM_ORD_LP for the test user.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris:

We posted a solution in http://scn.sap.com/message/14784446.

You may want to take a look at it.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The application team do not like the "Go-Live Preparation" Project cycle phase and want it removed. This means that I would need to have ZMMN available for modification by the developers.

Any one know what parameter to set for DNO_CUST04 and what other required steps?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone have any idea on this?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ferris,

Is it possible to elaborate or share exact requirement ...because SMMN is sufficient for various types of landscape for e.g. 1-2-3-4 tier etc

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Its a 4 system landscape with DEV, QAS, STG, PRD.

the requirement is to have an addition user status after STG import is done. this is to allow the ABAP lead to approve the workbench objects before the Change Manager approves it for production.

Thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

Even if you have 2 3 4 or 5 tier ......you just need to modify the workflow for normal and urgent changes and systems are automatically added to your maintenance cycle with SMMJ so no need to modify it

Just modify the normal and urgent change as per your requirement

I have done this for many customer's with 4 or 5 tier or parallel landscape and it works without issues.

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

For 4 tier system, need to modify the standard ChaRM workflow. just add new action profile and condition before the PRD like ABAP Lead approval ( action), status ( ABAP lead approval for PRD) like.. customize it.

Please check the below link hoe to add new action in the ChaRM.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/06/06/how-to-insert-a-new-...

Rg,

Karthik

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

The field PROCESS_TYPE in DNO_CUST04 represents the transaction type for Incident in Incident Management. You must have confused with SMMN with SMIN. They are two differents things totally !

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am aware of it, just that not fortunate enough to find any SAP documentation on the transaction DNO_CUST04 customizing fields and options.

Regards

Ferris