cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue to Prod order using WM by picking list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in configuring the WM-PP interface for the below user process, kindy guide me to proceed, as I am new for this WM process,

1. As of now, the Goods issue to the Production order number is done by using the PICKING list co27 in IM process. Here auto batch determination is applied for all the components. When posting 261 movement type is happened.

How to map this with WM, so issuing should happen through WM. I need config step and process step.

Thanks,

Bakyaraj V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process:

in order to use WM-PP interface generally you have to configure contriol cycles in WM (transaction LPK1).

There you indicate for each plant/supply area which is the replenishment storagetype/bin and the replenishment strategy for the material.

Depending on the replenishment type you indicate in the control cycle (pick to parts, release to order), you will create a replenishment through transaction LP10, LP12 (you can also use transaction MF60). In general a TR is created to be converted in TO.

After confirming the TO, when the material is backflushed, it is consumed from the storage type/bin indicated in the control cycle.

Customizing:

you have to set up customizing under: Warehouse management --> Interfaces --> define production (read IMG documentation for more details):

• Create a supply area
  • Assign a WM movement type to the storage type where the material is to be staged
  • Activate the interface WM PP in WM customizing:

Hope this is helpful for you

BR

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio,

Thanks for your reply. Could you clarify my doubt here.

As I said earlier, we are not moving the stock from Stores to Production location and issue the Components for the Prod Order. We simply go to Picking list, select the list of components for the order and posting the Goods issue ( auto batch determination) from Stores location only.

Is your reply can meet my requirement. I do not want to move stock the prod area and issue the components to the order.

Also, if I  implement the WM, is same steps I can do and if any I need to add step from WM side. Or totally I have to change the steps

Thanks,

Bakyaraj V

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bakyaraj,

my previous answer describes the normal procedure to use WM-PP interface.

If you do not want to create a TO to replenish a bin in production and you have all stock in a single bin, you could set your control cycle, by setting the replenishment startegy to "4" (manual replenishment). This way no TR nor TO is created.

When you backflush the components, they will be consumed directly from the bin specified in the control cycle.

Another option is to customize the WM movement 261 is such a way that it consumes dicrectly from the bin where you have stock.

To do that you have to indicate in the WM movement type the bin from where you want to consume the components.

BR

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio and all,

Any input for my above query.

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bakyaraj,

coming back to your original question:

"How to map this with WM, so issuing should happen through WM."

To be more explicit you have to link the movement 261 MM to 261 WM and this is done in customizing under:

WM - interfaces - Define movement type

Once you have linked the MM movement to WM movement (if you copy the standard it is all already configured) you can customozing the WM movement type in the way indicated in my previous post, by indicating the bin from where you want to consume the material.

Is it now clearer or do you still have doubts?

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio,

Thanks for your reply in detail. I will work and get back to you with my results.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bakyaraj

yesterday i have prepared and posted WM-PP interface document to reply to one of thread.

please access document from below link

http://scn.sap.com/message/14604615#14604615

If required any further assistance please let me know

Thanks

Om

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that, you are already using  IM managed sloc without WM. If you dont want to configure WM-PP interface but need simple and equally effective process then use below  process

Create separate  sloc which should be IM managed. If you already have it then no need to create new one. Baed on the production requirements, do the material movement from WM sloc to IM production sloc 311.  Production resource either directly do this movement or create reservation for 311 movement. TR will be created in WM which can be converted  automatically in to TO by customization. Goods will be in interim area. Once the goods are physically transferred to production sloc then confirm the TO. Thats t!. Once the stock is available in production sloc, they can easily consume it in normal way. This way there is no danger to consume the directly from warehouse.

All the best!!

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Milind / Claudio,

Thanks for your information. I use the standard configuration. Then I have created new production order. In co27 Picking list, I do check the Components list and posting the Goods issue through the picking list ( back end 261 movment type). When I check the IM document, the created WM TR is available. Here I need you help for below clarification

1. When I check the WM TR in LB03, there is no Souce Storage Type assigned.

2.  When I using LT04 to create TO using TR, Source storage type is blank and how to do complete the TO creation ( steps)

3. When the TO has to be confirmed.

4. Big question - Is the process I am working is correct?

Thanks,

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't have the source storage type because it is a picking movement and only the destination storage type is assigned.

It is correct to process the TR with LT04, unless you want to consume directly the material from a specific bin, in this case, follow instructions given in my previous answer, by putting a bin in the WM movement type (this way you won't have to process any TR anymore)

BR

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio / Milind,

Thanks for your reply. let me clearly explain my scenario fully. I do not have all the component stock in single bin in warehouse storage location. I need to pick the components from available bin from warehouse and do goods issue from the warehouse for the order directly. I do not have separate loc in production area. we consume directly from warehouse loc stock to order.

Moreover, the Production is not WM based.

1. Components are in different BIN in warehouse storage location.

2. When do Goods issue from Picking list (co27), the auto determination for batch is happened in the warehouse storage location from IM side.

3. When checking the Mat Doc, the WM TR is assigned.

4. I need to proceed to create TO from TR, no source stor type is available.

5. From WM part, from which BIN, the stock is taken. there is no information. What is the WM part I need to do, so the Goods issue for order cycle will complete.

6. Moreover, what is use of control cycle for Goods issue to production.

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the process is correct.

Point 5: you have to configure the customizing of WM under strategies, search storage type in order to let the system automatically choose a source bin. My suggestion is to read the IMG documentation since this is a standard process:

Stock Removal Strategies - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

point 6: what you are doing is not the standard replenishment process in WM. What you are doing is posting the movement before in MM and then doing the picking in WM, but this does not reflect the reality since you normally replenish the supply area and then you consume the material.This can be done by means of control cycles

BR

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio,

Thanks for your support. I checked the doc and worked. Now below things are happening

1. The TR is assigned in IM material doc ( 261 mvmt type)

2. But there is no source Storage type and bin information

3. When I create the TO using the TR, the Search process to find the Source Storage type is working fine and automatically. TO is created. Then confirm the TR.

4. After confirmation, the stock from 914 interim loc is moved out.

Kindly clarify the my Doubts are below,

1. As you said in earlier message, is that my process which I follow is not correct?

Pick List for Order (CO27) -  Goods issue (CO27) (261 mvmt type) - TR created automatically - TO creation using TR - TO confirmation.

2. what is the correct process to follow to Issue the components directly from warehouse to production order and consume it. In our process, the Stock is not moved from warehouse to Production area and consume the components.

Could you propose the best practise for my scenario with steps.

3. How do I do returns for production order back to WM bin

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) there is not a unique way to do things in SAP, as probably you already know, but some ways are better than others. Your process works fine, but probably it is not the best practice when WM/PP interface is active.

2) The best practice when using SAP WM is to follow the process as described in my very first answer (please refer to that answer), this because, as already said, in the normal warehouse activities you consume the components only once you have replenished the supply area and not viceversa.

3) To return the material from production to WM bin you can simply create a TO

BR

Claudio