cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PCo 2.3 - Authorization Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm using SAP PCo 2.3 and trying to create a data server connection from SAP MII 14.0 through PCoConnector.

I could create a data server (type PCoConnector) and enable it, but the status of the dataserver is "Error".

When visited the MII logs viewer, there various errors related to PCo like "AUTORIZATION_ERROR_PCO", "Error while executing PCo Query" & "com.sap.xmii.protocol.ProtocolReaderException: Error reading Header." etc.

While creating the dataserver, it asks for user credentials and I'm using same authorization with which PCo Management Host service and PCo Agent is started.

Can anyone guide as to what authorization is required for Accessing PCo query ?

Thanks,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Did you change the account name that ManagementHost runs under on the PCo Server?

Since ManagementHost is only required to authenticate PCoConnector connections from MII when defining PCoConnector Data Servers, I would return the ManagementHost service to LocalSystem, and for access credentials the same user name and password that you used to log in to the PCo Server. This account needs to have Admin privileges.

Unless you need to use a named user account for the Agent Instances in order to use DCOM for remote OPC Server Access, it is OK to leave their service account names as LocalSystem as well.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The PCoManagementHost service is running under localsystem only.

Do you mean that the user or logon with which the PCo server was installed, that credential is needed while creating Data Server (of type PCoConnector) in MII ?

Thanks,

Sumit

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Yes, you are correct.  I always use the adminstrative acount used to log into the PCo Server desktop either directly or through Remote Desktop Session.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The Status of PCo Data server is now "Running".

PCoManagement host service & Agent instance both started with Local System logon.

Previously it was giving error because the Agent instance was not started on PCo server.

But still there is a problem creating PCo data server on different MII server.

I've posted that on different thread -

That issue is still unsolved. Can you please guide on that ?

Thanks,

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Was this issue anything related to Web service permission? We are facing the same Authorization Error PCo issue. The PCoManagementHost service & Agent service is running under localsystem with Admin access. But facing some Web service permission issue.

Regards,

Jeedesh

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue? How did you fix the issue?

Thanks,