cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo in third party process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all

i want to create Return 3rd party process i know it is not possible but We can create credit memo

so It means once completed 3rd party process  How RE Will come

It means Return Order will create ? plz make me clear

Thanks a lot

Create CR with reference to RE.

What My doubt is We created return order-- and Credit memo with ref to invoice ,, how stock will be deducted .. here we have to create return invoice or not ?

And TASG ( ITEM CAT) G2S Billing type ?

so plz plz Give me clarification and simple steps wise plz i am totally confused dear ...

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you already know that return is not possible in third party sales process and this is not SAP best practice as mentioned in sap Note 751609 so you can't have any standard return process.

What you can do is mentioned in this link. You don't need to create RE document for this. Just create CR credit note for customer w.r.t the original order or invoice. For stock adjustment I dont think so your client is going to take the stofc which was delivered by a third party.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM

Thanks a lot Now only my confusion is Stock adjustment how ? any Methods plz share

For stock adjustment I dont think so your client is going to take the stofc which was delivered by a third party.

how Stock  adjustment ? plz plz plz i am confused here

And what about TASG ( ITEM CAT) G2S Billing type ? .. we have to use ?

I am totally confused here .. thanks a lot for ur help

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is stock adjustment requirement of your client? What do they want? Stock was delivered from third party and in return will be delivered to third party directly from customer. Is it correct? Please share your requirement of stock adjustment.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

stock deliverd From third party and returned from customer to 3rd party

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha

That stock was never brough in your client's warehouse and was sent to customer directly from customer. What adjustment is required at your end? In my opnion you just need to raise credit note for customer and debit note for vendor. Stock adjustment is not required at your SAP system. This is vendor's and customer's liability.

What steps did you perform when you recorded this sale? Have you posted any stock entry in original sales transaction? You answer would be No and thats why stock adjustment not required in reversal or return as well.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MozzaM Thank you so much For your Inputs

suppose .. vendor sent 100 stock to customer .. now customer revert back to company 5 now i will raise 5 credit memo to customer and Debit memo 5 For vendor

Here debit memo with reference to sales order or invoice ?

Customer ordered 

For example customer price is each one is 10 rs so 50 rs so company has to pay Money 50rs

but exactly Company will pay in normal business process like 9 rs each one  ( in case if company not created debit memo)

so here company will loose money ?

This is my question no 1

Again I am asking ok after returns   5 qnty company is supposed to send to vendor .. how ?

plz explain me

I am lagging behind this plz support me

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

suppose .. vendor sent 100 stock to customer .. now customer revert back to company 5 now i will raise 5 credit memo to customer and Debit memo 5 For vendor

Here debit memo with reference to sales order or invoice ?

Credit note will be w.r.t to original sale order or invoice but debit note will be created in MM and it can't be w.r.t to sale order or invoice. It will be created separately in MM to debit the vendor.

Create Debit note to vendor as per amount you have paid to him and create credit note for customer as per you have charged him.

For stock again I am saying that you don't need to do anything when you didnt issue the stock then what adjustment you want in your system? How did the vendor sent the stock to customer in sales process? Same like that now customer will send back to vendor.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok .. thanks a lot got it

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM ... Sorry for interruption

May i know In Individual Purchasing Third party processing we have do stock adjustment right ?

plz comment on this ,, plz share your great knowledge

And i am also asking this question ?

TASG ( ITEM CAT) G2S Billing type ?
moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

It would be nice if you raise your query separately and explain it with business process.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this process, even if you raise a credit memo to the customer, the sales volume will not be adjusted. The quantity will still be considered as sales and if your client has volume based rebates or incentives/schemes...you should ensure that these returned quantities are not included in the sales volume.

Regarding the pricing for the returned goods....in the realtime business process, companies will have a 'Returns Policy'. It will define how and when the returns are allowed. The invoiced value may not be given as a credit as shipping charges etc., cannot be returned to customer and sometimes a certain % will be levied as fine for returning the goods. In some cases business will maintain a special plant for accepting the returns which will re-process the returned goods after multiple quality checks.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar