cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the Customer Master Account Group IN mass

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to change the customer Master Account group in Mass. Means If we are uploading the Customer Master through LSMW. Later we come to know the Account group is wrong and need to change the Account group of All customers.  How we can change the account group of Customer master in SAP..???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Other members have given you valuable technical inputs.

I am going to give my inputs from a different angle. 

The Account Group is a critical component of the Master Data and it translates to controls and how and where the Master Data is used.

It is a irreversible activity in some if not all the cases, so you might not want to do this en Mass. Unless there is a real mess up in loading the wrong account group, this has to be done on a case to case basis.

Let me give a good example here. If you want to change a One Time Customer to a Sold To Party, you will not want to do this for a bunch of customers. It does not make Business Sense. As said earlier, it has to be done for each customer individually.

Of course, needless to say, there is a Transaction Code for this 😆 XD07 for changing Customer Account Group individually. 

My two cents would be to think of this requirement from a business point of view unless, you had loaded the wrong Account Group and now want to correct it.

Hope this helps from a different perspective.

Thanks.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why don't you change this in XD99? Go to XD99 > Select General Data in Customer KNA1 and execute > Give customer numbers and execute > Click Select Fields Icon and there you will see Account Group field on top of the list.

Thank$

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even the KDGRP field is displayed in XD99 it is not being considered  for the change, XD99 only uses XD01 or XD02 transaction to create and change customer master en mass. And with those two transactions you cannot change the account group.

Compare with KBA 1652162 - Error B1 356 (Account group in the IDOC is different) when changing customer/vendor accoun...

it lists as well the alternative options

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir Jürgen L

Yes its true sir. I just checked this and got the same error and I am surpurised to see that why they have given this field there in XD99 when we can't change it in MASS.

XD99 also works for XD05. If we want to block customers in XD99 we can do this and this time I have tested this by saving the records which I didn't for change account group

Thank you for correcting me.

Thank$

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

create a recording in LSMW of transaction XD07.

Best regards,

Andrea