SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is layout module version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am learning assortment planning and its very interesting how the planning is done in SAP MAP  and can be viewed in SAP IS Retail Layout Workbench and further processed. But am a bit curious about the layout module version ? Can anyone share a few points on this one?

Thanks and Regards,

Jove

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jove,

Layout Module version allows you to handle the articles within module differently. Let me explain you with example.

I have a Layout module which contains 100 seasonal articles. Out of these 100 articles, some of the articles are winter products and remaining are summer products. Now I want to use Layout module for listing and would like to automate the listing of these articles with respective season.

Here is the situation where Layout Module Version will help me a lot. I will define two version with respective dates in version definition. In each version I will select my products depending on the season. So now my module will have two version with two validity periods which will be used by system to list or de-list the article.

There are many instances where layout module versions are used to change the position of product on shelf differently at different period.

There is an additional optional in Layout module version. Within version, you can create variant with different combination of products. It all depends on business requirement and nature of products.

I hope this is clear now.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jove,

Layout Module version allows you to handle the articles within module differently. Let me explain you with example.

I have a Layout module which contains 100 seasonal articles. Out of these 100 articles, some of the articles are winter products and remaining are summer products. Now I want to use Layout module for listing and would like to automate the listing of these articles with respective season.

Here is the situation where Layout Module Version will help me a lot. I will define two version with respective dates in version definition. In each version I will select my products depending on the season. So now my module will have two version with two validity periods which will be used by system to list or de-list the article.

There are many instances where layout module versions are used to change the position of product on shelf differently at different period.

There is an additional optional in Layout module version. Within version, you can create variant with different combination of products. It all depends on business requirement and nature of products.

I hope this is clear now.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thanks. As you mentioned above about  variants : Within version, you can create variant with different combination of products.

Are these Variants the ones we create as in generic articles? or are these variants just the articles we group together in layout module version?

Thanks & Regards,

Jove

0 Kudos

Hi Jove,

These variants are different that the generic article variant. What you mentioned is right, it is just the article we group together in Layout module.

Regards,

Amit