Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign diagnostic template to product instance

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I installed solution manager 7.1 for running MOPz, IM and EWA.

I completed the Initial and Basic Configurations, so in order to configure IM and EWA for my external clients system i need to complete the configuration phase Managed System Configurations.

Now on the SAP Solution Manager Configuration: Managed Systems Configuration i´m ending up with these error here:

PRD~ABAP: no Diagnostics-Relevant indicator has been set, when i go for more details i find this:

Product instance 'EHP3 FOR SAP ERP 6.0: Central Applications' has no Diagnostics template

Message no. LMDB_BO009

Diagnosis

You tried to mark a product instance as Diagnostics-relevant, but none of the software component versions of the product instance has a Diagnostics template assigned to it.

Therefore, the product instance cannot be relevant for Diagnostics.

How do i solve it.

regards,

nelson chamba\

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

what version of Solution Manager 7.1 do you have installed? SPS10, SPS8 or lower?

From your screenshot I can see that the product instances were supplied manually, this should be done automatically via your data supplier. Have you set up RZ70 in your PRD system to send its data to Solution Manager? Can you see the PRD system as a technical system on the SLD? If yes, is the SLD sending the data to LMDB regularly?

You should try to automate this as much as possible, otherwise changes in your landscape (e.g. EHP upgrade) will also have to be done manually in LMDB. This can be very time intensive and probably cause issues if done incorrectly.

If the SLD supplier does - for whatever reason - not work for you and you can't fix this, then you should make sure to add the right product versions. I assume your PRD system is a ECC 6.0 with EHP3 system? You will then need the product version SAP Netweaver 7.0 (if its running on NW 7.0 check the basis package level in PRD) with product instance "Application Server ABAP", the product version "SAP ERP 6.0" with product instance "SAP ECC Server" and the product version "ERP3 for SAP ERP 6.0 (add-on)" with all relevant product instances. The diagnostics relevant should really work for all of them, especially the Netweaver and the ERP versions.

Regards,
Manon

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manon,

thank you for your reply,

1. My Solution Manager installation is 7.1 SP08.

2. No, I didn´t touched on rz70 in my PRD. Look this PRD is located on another network it´s a WAN connections and i reach it via saprouter string.

3. I can´t see the PRD as my technical system on my SLD, do I have to create it manually or it will be imported automatically?

4. Yes my PRD system is ECC 6.0 EHP3

So how do I proceed?

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

I think it is best when you delete your manually created systems in LMDB on Solution Manager to let them automatically get created via SLD. If you maintain RZ70 in your ECC systems, the systems will send their technical data (like installed products) to the SLD (this has to be the SLD that the LMDB synchronises with). You should see the systems as technical systems in the SLD immediately after you have successfully executed RZ70.

Once the system is in the SLD it can take up to 15 minutes until the new system is created in the LMDB on Solution Manager. But careful - if manual entries exist then they are not overwritten! Once the technical system was created in the LMDB you can assign it to an existing product system or create a new one. The advantage here is that the LMDB now knows all installed components and can suggest entries to you.

Have a look at this LMDB FAQ:

SAP Note 1669729 explains how to maintain a SAPROUTER string in RZ70:

"You can specify the router string in the field "host" in transaction RZ70."

Wherever possible I'd recommend to stay away from creating anything manually as it will only result in more work later as it needs to be maintained and checked regularly.

Regards,
Manon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have exactly this issue.  When I run MOPZ and search for SPs for our ECC EHP3 system it shows no radio button to select maintenance.

When I look at the Technical system I can see that although Central Applications is assigned it isn't marked as Diagnostics relevant.  If I go to the Product Instances (Details) tab and try to tick the box it gives the error:

"Product instance 'EHP3 FOR SAP ERP 6.0: Central Applications' has no Diagnostics template"

It is definitely getting the Product Instance information from our SLD and it was all assigned automatically using the Verification tool to make sure it was correct.

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm very confused!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

have found you created couple of threads for managed system configuration too,

There are lots of step by step document available for managed system configuration and diagnostic agent assignment

Please review under

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman ->SAP Components ->Solution Manager7.1

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

regarding your error for

'EHP3 FOR SAP ERP 6.0: Central Applications'

You might be wrongly selected the product instance with the diagnostic agent relevant tag, please run the verification of product instance

1. goto Product system editor

2. click verification from the left panel

3. execute verification check, this will remove the inconsistency of product instance assignment.

Other way round,

1. remove the installed tag from product instance "central applications" from the technical system editor -> software -> product_intance tab.

2. Click the add button search for "select by" -> proposal for un assigned software components now assign the relevant product instances

3.  mark the relevant instance with the diagnostics agent relevant tag;

this is the old document, but might be useful for your basic understanding

Best regards

Jansi