cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new ERP EHP6[Non Ides] system SP Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have installed the SAP ERP EHP6[Non-ides] system, after SETUP the STMS and SIDADM creation, Upgraed the latest SPAM verion to 51[731] [SGEN yet to be done]

SAP : SAP ERP EHP6 SP000[ Non ides system]

DB: SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0

kernel release  :            720

patch number                  100

This is tp version 380.03.41 (release 720, unicode enabled)

We are now trying to update SAP Basis [KB73101.KB73102 and KB73103] using SIADM user, it has been ongoing for 2 days, and now is at MAIN_IMPORT process for 2 days. there is no error message on the trans log. When i try to open new SAP gui session getting the error message on the screen "syntax error in program SAPLSTRD"

Observed that following eror message on the "alert_.log DBMS_STATS: GATHER_STATS_JOB encountered errors.  Check the trace file. Errors in file G:\ORACLE\\SAPTRACE\diag\rdbms\\\trace\_j000_916.trc: ORA-20011: Approximate NDV failed: ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEFETCH callout ORA-29400: data cartridge error

Errors in file G:\ORACLE\\SAPTRACE\diag\rdbms\\\trace\_j003_4236.trc: ORA-13639: The current operation was interrupted because it timed out. End automatic SQL Tuning Advisor run for special tuning task  "SYS_AUTO_SQL_TUNING_TASK" Fri Dec 06 23:02:13 2013

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks Thiru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thiru,

Pls refer below link for ehp5 support pack upgrade

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3300431

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3198283

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3417320

Regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you see any logs being updated in /usr/sap/trans/tmp and usr/sap/trans/log directory.

Your kernel looks to be old you could have updated it before staring the support pack.

Do you see any error in the alert.log.

Did you check the below note before staring the update.

Note 1597765 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.31 AS ABAP

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I donot find any error log in the trans\log and trans\tmp folder.

But i have found error message in alert log as mentioned above.

I have not applied the latest kernal as mentioned in the SAP note.

1) Can I upgrade and kernal and Run again the import using the TP tool in OS level.

[tp r3i SAPKB7****(Your Package) <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<Transport Profile>.PFL]

2) Do we have to run SGEN before Support Package apply?

Thanks Thiru,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont see any link between the below logs with the support pack hanging.

Errors in file G:\ORACLE\\SAPTRACE\diag\rdbms\\\trace\_j003_4236.trc: ORA-13639: The current operation was interrupted because it timed out. End automatic SQL Tuning Advisor run for special tuning task  "SYS_AUTO_SQL_TUNING_TASK" Fri Dec 06 23:02:13 2013

did you check the file alert.log?

Use Brtools and see that there is no space issue in db and have space in log directory.

Can I upgrade and kernal and Run again the import using the TP tool in OS level.

[tp r3i SAPKB7****(Your Package) <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<Transport Profile>.PFL]

I would never suggest to run the command at os level as if things go wrong sap will not support you as you have ran the above command without their recommendation and they will ask you to do the database restore.

Do we have to run SGEN before Support Package apply?

No you done have to run sgen before applying support pack.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol