cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Project for ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an Implementation Project with 4 system ECC Landscape with Dev,QA,Pre-Prod and Prod systems in which ChaRM has been activated.I have used a Logical Component 1 in which I have placed Dev,QA,Pre-Prod and Prod ECC systems.

Now, I have a requirement to Create another Maintenance Project in which I would like to use the Previous same ECC systems but this time I would like to use Dev,QA and Pre-Prod systems only(Pre-Prod system from previous case will act as my Prod system). Hence, I have created another Logical component 2 in which I have placed the Dev,QA and Pre-Prod systems(Pre-Prod has been given the role of Prod system now).

Now, If I place this Logical Component 2 in this new Maintenance Project and activate ChaRM, will this scenario work?

Overall, after activating ChaRM in the new Maintenance Project, will the already existing Implementation Project(in which ChaRM has been activated already) be affected in any ways?

Please let me know.Thanks.

Regards,

SAP Solution Manager Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally multiple project with the same systems where possible, where during the approval the popup raised and get the confirmation from your end to get the confirmation of relevant active maintenance cycle.

but not sure of your case, because your case the change in Transport route too.

For 4 tier already two delivery routes follows from QA, so For 4 tier if the TR released from Dev it moves to all qa, pre prod, prod. later you import either manually for nc and automatic for UC.

now for 3 tier, here your transport route follows only PRD ( which pre PROD earlier). seems you are repeating , TR route cant be overtaken, never checked this before.

but you can try out by changing the system roles in Charm project, not sure will it work.  Just try to define the proper system role in project creation and run the charm consistency check, check for green tag?

But after all TR follows the transport route.

you can check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain for what reasons you need second project with 3 systems of 4.

You need to keep in mind that your Transport Routes are been setup for 4 system lanscape.

No disaster will happen, but with second project all TR's will be in PRD queue.

I recommend dunnot use second project because you will need to do something with PRD queue.

About overall, no this will not affected on existing projects for any type.

Rg Dan