cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Folder Creation in AL11 in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Directory in AL11 in SAP PI 7.1 with the help from sdn blogs, but the directory is not visible in AL11. I want use this directory for File Sender Pickup. Please guide me step by step to how to create the directory in AL11, and also please confirm whether i can use this directory for Picking files in Sender Adapter. Kindly guide me how i can proceed further.

Regards,

GIRIDHAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually, you can create a folder via SM69 -> create a command that can create a directory (for example mkdir in Unix OS)

Then pressing execute

In the example above /tmp/testfolder/folder01 would only be created if /tmp/testfolder is already present in AL11. So if the two folders (testfolder and folder01) do not exist, you need to execute the command twice. The first one would be /tmp/testfolder and the second one would be /tmp/testfolder/folder01. This is also assuming you have access to the tcode.

Other ways of creating folders:

1. UDF/Java Mapping/Adapter Module (create a file in AL11) - can only be done at runtime

2. FileReceiverAdapter - via create target directory

3. via FileZilla?! (have not tried it though)

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I am expecting the same one. I have D:\usr\sap\VJY\DVEBMGS22\work in my AL11 of SAP PI 7.1 System. Suppose i wan to create 'Sendertest' folder in D:\usr\sap\VJY\DVEBMGS22\work, in Additional parameters i need to provide only 'Sender test'. Please confirm me so that i will proceed as you mentioned above.

Regards,

GIRIDHAR

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

Try using /usr/sap/VJY/DVEBMGS22/work/Sendertest in the command.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Bhavani_Baisani
Participant
0 Kudos

check with basis team to create a folder and then mount with the PI system in OS level.

ask OS related team maintain a script and schedule the script related the time to pick the file and change the ownership.

whenever file will placed in folder then script wil run in background and PI will pick the file,whenever mount is available for both systems.so check with basisteam and OS team to maintain the above details.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please tell us how you created the folder?

check with basis team. they can create the folder at the OS level.

you can use this folder to send and receiver messages.

Regards,

Muniyappan.