cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to ignore someone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Jive have the possibility to ignore someone meaning that content created by that someone wouldn't be visible? The most important feature for me would be that updates by people being ignored wouldn't show up in the activity feed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No. You can only hide specific types of content or a space you are following from the activity feed.

Let me guess: ~100 notifications cause by ~100 comments on blogs in About SCN?  It should stop now.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect guess! Today I got unusual number of notification mails.. All i had to do was 'Select all' and 'delete' for 4 times in my mail box

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it planned to implement that type of content filter, too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone please vote for the Idea on Idea Place.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'd also like to be able to mute specific users. I love the follow feature to get updates and read comments on blogs.

However it also means I get lots of emails "Nice blog thank you" over and over again from the same user. By the same user I don't mean one specific user I mean users that go to multiple blogs and add the comment like "Nice blog thank you".

The emails seem to have an ebb and flow of their occurences

Regards

JohnA

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a few month ago I had raised a similar discussion on the same kind of event.

These are the sad moments in a "social"-like community. I call it just spamming. and clicked abuse for that reason.

It is not the first time that this person is overacting, he was already one root cause for the recent measures in the Coffee Corner space. In my opinion he deserves a clear and last warning to stop his exploration behavior

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We desperately need that "mute" button that Facebook has on SCN.

Thank you Samuli and

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just had a look, this must have taken hours, the energy behind this is really stunning, in a negative sense. What could be the motivation, for heavens sakes? Points, directly (through likes) or indirectly (through badges earned)? Advertising oneself?

I would even call this exploitation.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, we are already influenced by this activity.

I also had a look, and time taken would have been about 1 hour as every reply is like Hi ???, followed by a common string.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

On SCN We can hide update from some particular blog, Particular Space, but if you are following some person then update from that person will be visible in your followed activity.