SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP retail creat Merchandise Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is a E message when i am creat a Merchandise Categories by wg21, it is :

No material type has been defined for MG materials
Message no. WW059

Procedure
Define the attributes of the material type for the material group material in Customizing.
Select "1" as the ID for assignment of the material type to identifier in Customizing.
Make any necessary Customizing settings if you have the required authorization.
Contact your system administrator if you cannot make the settings yourself. Take into account the industry IMG and the retail IMG, since the material type identifier is only used in retail.

who can help me to solve it ?

Thanks

Tony

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

When you create a new Merchandise category, you have to assign a valid Merchandise Category Reference article (with Article category 30). Please check whether you have maintained this.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Hope you are enjoying SCN.  I have a small query.

If we do not make our per-requisite Master Data in IDES practice , can we still go ahead and create the Merchandise category by assigning the MC Ref. Article? Hope you understand my question as I am a beginner in SAP IS Retail.

Thanks & Regards,

Jove

0 Kudos

Hi Jove,

You do not need a reference article to create Merchandise category. Using WG21, you can create only merchandise category and attach the same to a MCH (Merchandise Category Hierarchy).

Regards,

Amit

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Can you please tell us more about what process you are trying?

The best way is to create only Merchandise Category (WG21) first. Here when you define a MC, you do not need to attach any reference article.

Once you are done with creation of merchandise category, using WG22, you can click on MC Reference article button to create a reference article for your selected merchandise category.

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Check T code WSS1 and let us know what industry sector is set there.

Regards,

JK