cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default profile / Instance profile Could not be read. The import is therefore not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I made an homogeneous system copy of an ECC system(via export/import).

Now I have issue when trying (in rz10) Utilities->Import profiles->Of active servers

I get :

Log for the import of profiles

Default profile /usr/sap/BD3/SYS/profile/DEFAULT.PFL

Could not be read. The import is therefore not possible.

Instance profile /usr/sap/BD3/SYS/profile/BD3_DVEBMGS00_bd3

Could not be read. The import is therefore not possible.

Start profile /usr/sap/BD3/SYS/profile/START_DVEBMGS00_bd3

Could not be read. The import is therefore not possible

And when trying to activate profile I get message:

Unknown error activating profile BD3_DVEBMGS00_BD3

The rights at OS level are correct.

What could be the reason for such a behavior

thank you in advance

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

If the profiles exist on OS level

ls -al /usr/sap/BD3/SYS/profile/DEFAULT.PFL

ls -al /usr/sap/BD3/SYS/profile/BD3_DVEBMGS00_bd3

ls -al /usr/sap/BD3/SYS/profile/START_DVEBMGS00_bd3

and they can be read, than most probably there is about the issue in SAP note 1611854 and the solution is documented in SAP note 1532825.

Solution by manually deleting two SECSTORE entries (as of Release 7.00):

• Call transaction SECSTORE.
  • Choose "Execute" (F8).
  • In the entries that are displayed, delete the entry /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_INTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM if it is marked with a red traffic light.
  • In the entries that are shown, delete the entry /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_EXTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM if it is marked with a red
    traffic light. After the deletion of this entry, all the trust relationships to trusted systems (systems that are trusted by the current system) are invalid  and, if required, have to be deleted in the current system using transaction SMT1 and then have to be recreated.
  • In transaction SE37, execute the function module RFC_PING with the destination NONE. If the system displays an error message, execute the function module RFC_PING again; the error message cannot appear a second time in this case.

Solution by executing a report (as of SAP Basis Release 620)

• Execute the report RS_TT_CLEANUP_SECSTORE. This report deletes invalid secstore entries /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_INTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM and /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_EXTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM. After the deletion of the entry for  /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_EXTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM, all the trust relationships to trusted systems (systems that are trusted by the current system) are invalid and, if required, have to be deleted in the current system using transaction SMT1 and then have to be recreated.

Best regards,

Adam