cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify for actual product returns from customers in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any one help me in solving my queries please?

I am a SOX consultant and doing sox compliance/testing for a company. We have a control in the process Ship and debit claims and Supplier rebates, as mentioned below.

Control 11: Claims team to report product returns from customer to the company via S&D claim submission to supplier & notify AP to monitor supplier's debit note.

I am not able to populate the actual returns from the customers to the company for my testing purpose.

We have a GL account for accruing SND claims, when the products are actually returned to the company, how can i identify for such cases in that accrual account. What is the movement type used? Is there any parameter where i can rely on it to believe it as product returns from customers to the company.

Hope my query is clear. I need this information very urgent.

Thanks in advane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually there is a mov. for returning (mov 653) but you can create others using 651, 653 and others as a template (using tcode OMJJ) and set it in the schedules.

For checking them, check the SO type for returns, check the item types, and check the returns (in the returns you can see the movements).

So check the SO type (tcode VOV8), SO item type and assign (VOV7 and VOV4) and schedule lines and assignment (VOV6 and VOV5).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: I forgot, but you can populate the field SGTXT in FI items with the help of MM enhancement MBCF0002 or with the BTE 00001120 (with more fields to populate than SGTXT as XREF1, XREF2 and so on)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you want to map the flows of returns, you should first of all identify the Sales Document types used for this aim: in customizing of Sales Order, those with field TVAK-VBTYP = 'H' (Returns).

The standard material movement for posting returns from customers is 653 - GD returns unrestr.: you must check if within your company, it's the one used.

Best regards,

Andrea