cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Import based on statuses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In ChaRM, for Normal Correction, once the status is Sucessfully tested, the Transport Request goes to the Import queue of the Target Production system in a Three System Landscape. In our case, we have inserted additional Custom statuses "Pre-Prod Testing Passed" and "Approved for Production Import" prior to the Request going to Production since we have a 4 system Landscape involving Dev, QA , Pre-Prod and Prod.

We use Import Jobs scheduled directly from the import queue by selecting the Project from the Import Queue and scheduling the Job using the big truck Icon.

How do I control these Jobs so that they Import Transport Requests which have been Approved for Production Import only and not all Transport Requests.

We are using Solution Manager 7.1 SP 07.

Regards,

Solution Manager Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please use status dependent import as suggested by Jansi . However, why are you using STMS to do your transports . As the landscape is controlled by Charm , its advisable to do the import from Tasklist only , using "import all" for your production system . i believe Status dependent import will not work if you do your transports from STMS.

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is your sp release ? have you seen the sap note 1708987 - IMG activity for status-dependent import

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use Import Strategy and Task list of project.

1. First customize that only NC  with status "Approved for Production Import" can be imported.
  2. If you use Taks Lists import then, Task list will check this and import only NC with this status even if else in buffer either.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply.

But, I believe ,I would be able to use only the Imports scheduled from the Import Queue by using the Big truck Icon.

Can the Imports scheduled in this fashion be controlled for Status Dependent Imports.

Regards,

SAP Solution Manager Administrator