cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the payload saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this is the most silliest question I've asked so far...

I'm familar with all tables related to messages id within SAP. I do wonder about the actual payload. Where is this stored. Is it in the database. Can the payload be accessed from ABAP side?

Thanks,

Pam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can extract the payload from the table SXMSPMAST and some classes as listed below cl_xms_persist,cl_xms_main,if_xms_message.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it not true that you can access all the information relevant to a message id from this table and the class methods but not the actual payload. This has been my experience.

Please let me know which method you are refering to when you say accessing payload?

Thank you.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this read and read though Michal's reply,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I'm quite familar with these tables but the thread you sent as link still it does not answer my question. Where is the payload xml stored? The tables do not have the data, right?

Thanks, Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pam,

data is stored in database. an example get feel of it make the trace level to 3 in SXMB_ADM then your database will get filled up quickly with all XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, Sreeram, I'll try with trace 3. At least the conculsion here is the xml messages are stored in the Database and not a file system, right?

Thanks, Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes your right. everthing in SAP is stored in Database by default option. if u look at SLD admin you have option where to store the SLD details their you have option Database and file but not for IS engine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think it shud be saved in a DB...reason is consider for data with large volume of xi message set and typically it will be difficult to save it a table. shud be in abap memory in xi server or in some file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Where is the payload stored in XI? database / files?

Thanks,

Pam