SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement scenario for STO process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do an STO process in TSW, can you please explain the step by step  process for the same. What movement scenarios will be used here. I have checked that mvt scenario 15 & 16 are available, do i have to use both of these ?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Yes you need to use both the movement scenarios 15 & 16 to complete the STO process in TSW. Movement 15 is for transfer of a product from an origin to a transport system whereas 16 is for transfer of product from transport system to destination. For detailed flow and usage of transfer movement scenarios, please refer documentation link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul for the link and i have checked the scenario , it is working .

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Are you planning to use shipment costing? If yes then it make sense to use the scenario 15 & 16. Most of the TSW movements work in pairs (unless its a direct sale or a direct purchase), one movement would ideally put the stock intermediary (in a transport system) and another would take that stock out and post inventoryin the receiving location. So there will be two line items in your nomination, first line where the stock will be taken out from the sending location and second with location where it will be posted. Bigger question is, do you really want to have the stock transfer process via a STO? Check if it is not that necessary then you can try and go for scenarios 2 & 4, which will be much simpler to handle.

Cheers,

Anubhav

0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

Thanks for your reply,

scenario1: using Shipment costing- if i use this then @ what point of time do i have to process the shipment cost document. Will this cost add to the inventory ?

Scenari0-2: Can i use the above movement scenarios without creating a shipment document.

Coming to your point , if i use scenario 2 & 4 which creates reservation documents , how will the freight cost be added to the inventory.

regards

srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

S1: Based on your configuration you can create shipment cost document either after finishing loading or after finishing delivery. In case of TSW, either after the first line/leg is actualized or after the last line/leg actualized.

Depending on how you set up the shipment cost pricing procedure, you can add cost to inventory.

S2: No. All standard TSW transfer movements are with shipment document (O4F1), you need to create your own customized movement scenario to avoid one, you may copy the "Book Transfer" scenarios to do so.

For scenario 2 & 4 also you can create shipment cost document if your voyages are non-complex. And hence add cost to inventory.

Cheers,

Anubhav