Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot for customer returns

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on the scenario of QM integration with SD... now below is the requirement...when the Product returns from customer happens.. then inspection lot should be generated with stock going in to quality.... for this what settings I need to do and what is the process flow...

Is activating inspection type 06 in material master is enough ??? or any other inspection type to be used. what about any other config or master data settings we need to do....

Now is the below process flow works for me??.....

Return Sales Order creation - VA01

Inbound delivery Creation - VL01N

Automatic Inspection lot- QA03

Results recording and Usage decision - QA32

PGR (Vl02n)

Invoice ( wrt: Sales Order-VF01)

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PLEASE do some searches.  This has been asked and answered MANY times.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Maintain inspection type 05 in material master and movement type 655 in VOV6.

Make sure that QM not active indicator for movement type 655 should not be selected in SPRO --> Quality inspection --> Inspection for Goods movement --> Deactivate Quality inspection for a Movement type.

Successfully we are using the same scenario.

Rgds,

Surya

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you need stock to be posted in QI after it is returned, you have to use 05 inspection type because 06 is not stock relevant and would only generate inspection lot.

With 05 inspection type in place, you can have inspection lots along with stock control. Activate 05 inspection type in Material master QM view and set the indicator for 'Post to insp stock'

Besides, in SD configuration, you need to maintain the movement type 655 in the schedule line categories (DN in std SAP) for return sales order.

Config. settings can be done in following way,

• Go to SPRO>> Sales and distribution>> Sales>> Sales documents>> Schedule lines>> Define schedule line categories.
  • Here you need to maintain the movement type for Schedule line category.
  • Further, assign this to next path (Assign schedule line categories) against the item category.

Pl test a scenario and revert back if you face any issue.

ntn