basic transaction type doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Situation:classic scenario,srm 4.0 r/3 4.7e

In SRM,we have number ranges defined for shop. cart and follow on docs

01 100000## TO 1999#####

PO 4700### TO 47999####

RQ 00200### TO 002999###

But we don't do any configuration/change for transaction type for ECPO.<b>Shouldn't the internal number range value change to 'PO' or 'RQ'?</b>

In back end...after we copy the doc type NB....we change the external number range value to 'PO'and 'RS' respectively.

We are able to create PO's and Requisitions....and hence it is confusing me further.How does this process work?

Thanks

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,Atul.

Will award you full points.

Also,i have this doubt related to # range for stock transport order

-Is it possible to do 'stock transp. orders' in classic scenario? <b>How</b>(BADI's?)?

-Where do we define the number range....and as what?The number range is going to be different from that of PO number range surely.[In define numb range for SC and follow on docs..do we add 'ST'(for stock tr orders) in addition to SC,RQ,PO,RS)?]

-Where do we define its(stock tr.) transaction type?Or is that also defaulted by the system in ECPO?

===========================================================

Also,on a separate note:

Can we create multiple 'transaction types' for PO's in classic scenario?All the transaction types will refer to the same/one number range only.Just a doubt!

Thanks a bunch!

Priya

ps:-i will absolutely award points...always do.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Are you in Sales ??

What do you mean by multiple transaction types in classic scenario ? The POs are created in backend and hence you can have multiple doc types in R/3.

To map multiple doc types, you need to use BADI (BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW).

For stock transport order in SRM, see another thread:

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

No,i am not in sales.I am into purchasing.

What i meant was--say,i want to have multiple doc types for my PO.When the user is shopping,he/she can drop down and choose the doc type required.

For that reason,i will have to have similar transaction types in SRM as the doc types in R/3 ,right?

Also,the link to stock transport is good.Thanks.

But it does not help my questions--as regards to the number range and transaction type.

Thanks

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>There are couple of BADIs which can meet your requirements.</u>

<b>BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS

BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE

BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK

BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK</b>

<i>Refer to the following link -></i>

<u>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Atul/Ramki,

Any inputs on my 'stock transport order' part of the question?

-

Also,i have this doubt related to # range for stock transport order

-Is it possible to do 'stock transp. orders' in classic scenario? How(BADI's?)?

-Where do we define the number range....and as what?The number range is going to be different from that of PO number range surely.[In define numb range for SC and follow on docs..do we add 'ST'(for stock tr orders) in addition to SC,RQ,PO,RS)?]

-Where do we define its(stock tr.) transaction type?Or is that also defaulted by the system in ECPO?

-

Many thnx

Priya

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

The SDN thread link given by Atul replies your doubts on doc types and number ranges.

In fact, you need to do similarly...only change would be the links refers to PRs; yours is PO or STO. So, the method in the BADI changes. Rest of the process will be same.

In Shopping cart, you define a customer field for PO Doc type (Check note 672960 for CUF definition). Use this in the BADI's mentioned in the above link.

For number ranges also same.You can also define another number range 'ST' in Shopping cart and use the same number range as external number range for STO in PO. For STO, you also need additional customer field 'Supplier Plant' in PR.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please maintain the correct Document types in R/3 as well as SRM.

Here is the path in SRM system.

spro-> SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic settings->Define Transaction Types

Here is the path in R/3 system.

spro->Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Requisition->Define Document Types

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul