Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rename a repository

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have created a repository like ABC_product .Now we want to change the repository name to ABC_PRODUCT as there is some requirement that name should be in this way .

Do we have any option to rename the repository from console or os level .

We have got  one option to create a new repository with ABC_PRODUCT and unarchive the backup of ABC_product repsoitory to new one.

But i guess  in MDM the name is not case sensitive as when trying to create a new repsoitory ABC_PRODUCT it says that repsoitory already exist do you wnat to overwrite the repsoitory .

So is there a option to create a new repository ABC_PRODUCT by keeping old one intact ABC_product

Kindly suggest

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

One possible solution to rename the repository

• Transport the already available repository (ABC_product)
  • Delete the Repository (ABC_product)
  • Create a new repository (ABC_PRODUCT)
  • Import the repository schema that you exported

Please let me know how it works.

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Thanks for the replies

issue got resolved .

1.We tried to delete the repository but it didnt delete as it was saying MDM was not able to connect to DBMS

2.When checked in log files we found below error

ORA-01012: not logged onA2i_xCat_DBs does not exist or bad password provided, Last CMD: ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = A2i_xCat_DBs

This is because when we try to delete repository MDM will connect to database twice using two users A2I_XCAT_DBs(which will be created during first repository creation) and <rep_name> user(which is specific to repository) .

Both users should have same password.Since A2I_XCAT_DBs has different password it was not able to connect to Oracle and repsotiry was not deleted

We changed the password and kept it same as <rep_name> user.

3.Then delted the repository from Console

4.Create a new repsoitory with ABC_PRODUCT

5.Unarchive the backup of ABC_product into newly created repsoitory

@Tanmay:thanks for your help:)

Regards,

Murali

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Murali,

Follow the below steps as per to rename your existing repository in sap mdm.

1. Mount the MDM server in Console
  2. Login to your appropriate repository
  3. You can see that the repository will be in running status.
  4. Now stop the repository ( check your roles before doing this)
  5. Now click the MDM server, where you can see the list of mounted repositories.
  6. Click the repository which you have stopped from object pane and rename your repository name according to your preference in the object detailed pane.

7.Again you need to start the repository.

Regards

Rahul

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali....

one more point i need to add,,,,,,as now the repository name is changed... so u need to use the  renamed repository in  data manger,import manager and syndicator.

kindly let me know if you have anymore issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Even I am facing this problem. I tried doing this but "Name" field in Repository detail is greyed out and cant be edited.

do we have any other option, I am using MDM 7.1 SP 10?

Regards,

Tanmay