Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Archive directory size recommendations

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the recommended archive directory size for PI messages in dual stack, if the retention period of the messages is 30 days and the average volume per day is 10000 messages of 1000kB of file size.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

This is a good reference, could you please explain what he means by

DB growth rate for long message retention time, i am not sure how he has come up with the figure 4GB and also i am not quite sure i understand the disk Totals.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DB growth rate for long message retention time--

Normally we don't keep messages more than a week..Some customers go for 10days/2 weeks..at the max1month(as in your case )

In the documented example message retention period  was considered as 40days

That 4GB-> you can see an arrow mark which is pointing at 98mb per day after the sizing.

i think he considered it as 100mb(for simplification ) *40 days = 4000mb nearly 4GB.. It's just my understanding

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

you can keep the archiving between 5 to 10 times of expected volume (size of message*no of message per day*retention period). the maximum size recommended for 64 bit Windows is 1/3 of memory.

Reference link - http://techsupport.osisoft.com/Knowledge+Center/System+Manager+Resources/Archive+Sizing/

Regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish - Are you sure about the reference? Is the applicable for SAP PI system?

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I saw this article, but i wanted to be sure, is there any SAP documentation which supports this.