cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Init from DSO to cube different from Full load...

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am stuck with a behaviour I have never seen. I have a DSO that loads a cube.

When I run the delta init DTP for the first time, I get only 500K records extracted among the 1,2 million I have in the DSO. If I decide to run the Full DTP to check, and if I run it, I get the 1.2 million records.

My first run is set to take the active data, not the change log

Does anyone have a clue on that ? I might be missing something very simple, but may too simple 😉

We are on BW 7.3 SP 5 on top of MSSQL DB

Thanks

PY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether there is any routine is there while transferring data from DSO to cube or one to one mapping is there.

Regards,

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

unfortunately, it is a one to one mapping..no routine...

The objective of the cube is just to get rid of the detailed data and aggregate the information at a higher level...so we are just putting on the side some characteristics....

It is based on COPA (analytical model..) So I should extract from the DSO the same volume as what I have in the DSO and insert fewer records...

PY

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow ganesh suggestion & for your other query delta DTP is picking the data from active table instead of changelog table this is due to settings in the EXTRACTION tab in the DTP it will posses 4 options like below.

Active Table(with Archive)

Active Table(without Archive)

Archive(Full Extraction only)

Change log

select the 3rd option because your running delta DTP & you will get desired data in the cube.

Regards,

Harish

former_member197527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a query, doesn't the Delta always gets picked up from changelog?

Whats the purpose of these 4 extraction settings?

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

the idea is that if you want all the details (first record, cancellation, new record) in your cube for detailed analysis of what happened, then, you will initialize with the change log

If you just want the latest statuts of your records, you will then just take the active table. In case you have NLS in place (archive) you can also extract from there

And obviously, if you just want the archive...

But that is only meaningful for Initialization of the delta procedure for DTP...

Thus, I still don't understand whyI am not getting the full content of the DSO transfered to my cube...May be I don't see something...

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

For your query please go thrw the link-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0730100-26c7-2e10-4ca6-a20aafa17...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First time when you loading data from DSO to cube you just create delta DTP do not change any property and execute...it will load your full data and next run it will take care and load delta records only

delete all data from cube and load using delta DTP..

Try this.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

Actually, that is the issue. I dropped the cube content, then started the Delta DTP. Instead of bringing all the data, it is bringing only a piece of the DSO content...

No clue why

PY

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created new delta DTP?if not try to create new delta DTP and execute then still you are facing problem...Please share DTP screen shot

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just tried with a new DTP: no better luck...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PY,

Above settings are fine. If you have any data at cube, delete and trigger your dtp. it needs to pull 1.2mlln records and will set init delta. if any new req comes to dso, that moves to cube thru next delta dtp.

if didn't worked,

Try these steps:

1. delete whole data cube if exist.

2. DSO to Cube, run full DTP

3. Do init dtp.

3a. at dtp, extraction mode: as Delta, at execute tab , processing mode: No data transfer, delta status in source; Fetched. trigger your dtp once. it enables delta to your dtp(it will green with 0 records).

3b. change your dtp processing mode to Processing mode : Serial extraction, immediately parallel processing .

4. Now load new data to your dso, next dtp between dso to cube will load latest request data only(delta).

5. if didn't work as we expected then there might be something bug at backend. need sap help.

if possible try to search for oss notes at ,market place.

Thanks

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman

Thanks for the answer...I did not want to go to that approach, but I guess this is my last option before OSS

I already searched OSS notes, but nothing came out clearly...

I will try your approach

Thanks

PY

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Setting is ok...have you deleted all data from cube?

Try raman's suggestion...For DTP I would suggest for every time you can use delta DTP because first time delta DTP work as Full load only..

Regards,

Ganesh BOthed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PY,

Try with other option in your below window, you will get the required data.

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

Already tried...without success..

Py

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It should work.

First right click on cube delete data

2)Execute delta DTP from DSo to Cube check DTP setting.

I think you have tries this Can you check once again because I have checked in my sandbox and it is workinf for me.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HIPierre,

In DSO level have 1,2 million records and u will run delta DTP it carrying only 500 records,

Have you done full load form DSO to Info cube (1,2 million records?)

if you perform delta DTP i will carry Delta records only.

Please check the any filter in Cube DTP level?

please find the link

Thanks,

Phani.