cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set environment variables - Solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m doing an update of Oracle Instant Client (note 819829 - Oracle Instant Client Installation and Configuration on Unix) from the version 10.2.0.2 to 11.2.0.2 in a Solaris v10 (5.10 SPARC) and for this activity, I need to change/set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to add the new location of the new oracle client path! But that´s the point here... I need some help from you because I don´t know how to set an environment variable in a Solaris operation system, I thought that was with the command setenv or export, like this:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/uc/sun_64:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/uc/sun_64:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

But none of them worked!

Can you tell me please how can I set a environment variable in Solaris 10 platform?

And other question... how can I set this environment variable permanent in Solaris 10? Which user file(s) I must edit/change and what I must add on it?

Thank you,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/uc/sun_64:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/AZQ/SYS/exe/uc/sun_64:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

This will only last until you end the session. To set the environment variables permanently you need to set them in the respective environment variable files for the user.

There must be already 10G Oracle Instant Client present with the environment variables pointing to it.

You need to adapt the files to point it to 11G Oracle Instant Client location.

Provide the output of this command

su - sidadm

grep client .*

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

This is the output of the command:

grep client .*

.dbenv.csh:  set ADD=/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient

.dbenv.sh:  ADD=/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient

.dbenv_liszgpsap002.csh:  set ADD=/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient

.dbenv_liszgpsap002.sh:  ADD=/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient

Kind regards,

samid raif

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Samid

You need to edit these files using VI editor.

.dbenv.csh

.dbenv.sh

.dbenv_liszgpsap002.csh

.dbenv_liszgpsap002.sh

Eg: vi .dbenv.csh

Replace 10x with 11x and save the file.

Once done you need to log out of sidadm and switch to sidadm to see the changes.

su - sidadm

env

I hope you know how to use VI editor.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Thank you for your help.

Yes I know how to use the VI editor

I thought that it will necessary to do a reboot to check the changes, I will test it and I will give you a feedback as soon as possible.

Thank you Reagan again for your help.

Kind regards,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I facing an error when I try to start the SAP system.

I created a new thread in the following error:

Can you help me please to solve this error?

Thank you

samid raif

Answers (0)