cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula inside a single QM Inspection Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, is it possible to have a formula that will find the difference  for measurement nbr 2 minus measurement nbr 1, measurement nbr 3 minus measurement nbr 1, measurement nbr 4 minus measurement nbr 1, etc. in a single inspection characteristic?

If the measurements are .003, .004, .006, .003,  the frmula should be .004 - .003, .006 - .003, and .003 -.003.

Any feedback or reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Aida de Jesus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. This can be achieved.

You can use the functionality of calculated MICs for this.

Lets say you have MIC with values 0.003, 0.004, 0.006 and 0.003 (M1, M2, M3 and M4). Then you need to make three calculated MIC (M5, M6 and M7).

Formula can be used M5= M2-M1 and accordingly for others.

Also refer following link where similar requirement was discussed,

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin, thanks for your prompt reply.

I do not mean separate MICs per single measurement value.  I mean doing the subtraction into the same MIC.

Thanks again, Aida

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  If you want the average or mean of the three measurements it could be done.

But it looks like to me you want three results returned, (.001, .003, 0).

You would need three MIC's to do this as Nitin described.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Nitin write, you are not able to make the substaction into the same MIC as where you record the result.

When you insert your measured values, you can get a calculated average if you type more than one result for that characteristic.

But if you you want to see the differences - then SAP offers the SPC, which depending of how many results you record per day could be useful.

Answers (0)