cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BAPI after successful file creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my requiremetn is to use XI to post a file on SAP - if the file is posted successfully then to call a BAPI (which reads the file data).

How do i check that the file has been posted correctly and the trigger the BAPI- what is the best solutin, to use BPM or inbound proxy or some other method?

Can you please provide some details .

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when u post a file on sap then u wud ggo for proxy method ...i hope so. in that case have the bapi implemented inside the inbound method itself. if u r using dataset to post the data to appl server in sap then after this u can use the bapi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

thanks for the answer- but i was wondering that wudnt error handling be a bit messy ?

for example, say the files are posted correctly but for some reason the BPI fails - will the message end with error ?

if so on retrying the message again a duplicate set of files might be posted..isnt that so

How to handle this...and basically separate the BPI and file creation

thanks

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the bapi goes for an error the interface will not hinder. becoz u had read the file tp appl server before calling bapi and after that the bapi is called. if an error occurs u can cathc that exception and handle it...may u can create alert also. error processing and handling is easy here

Answers (0)