Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP upgrade 4.7 to ECC 6 issue with SU25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in a middle of SAP upgrade from version 4.7 to ECC 6.0 (EHP 6), in sandbox system(it was copy of production) when we executed SU25 step 2(B) it gave list of around 1000 tcodes for manual adjustment. Now in development system step 2(B) only gives list of 200 tcodes to be adjusted, moreover USOBT_X table was updated during step 2(A) as per my knowledge step 2(A) is not supposed to update anything. Any help explaining the reason behind this and possible ramifications will be deeply appreciated. Let me know if you guys need any further information regarding this scenario.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the sound of things, previous upgrades were not transported to production. That is not a huge impact unless you decided to change something in production...

Missing will be "no check" indicators.

Alternately if SU24 was really maintained in production and the roles as well then you have a big problem on your hands there...! You will be able to see that via the date stamps in SU25 and the change docs in USOBT_CD table.

But what most likely happened is that the copy of production in sandbox upgraded the SU24 from 3.0 etc to 7.31, but the development system is 4.70 so hat much less. Just transport step 3 and the differences should clear themselves as that transports everything.

ps: 2A is no longer run automatically, but whe you do run it, then standard SAP proposals which are changes with the upgrade, are automatically adjusted to new values. This is because SAP makes the assumption that if they change something which you have not touched, then it could only possibly be an improvement or you are not using the thing at all anyway. Did you not read the popup?

Also, please check service.sap.com for notes related to SU25 before running the upgrade. Quite a few things changed in there between 4.70 Enterprize and 7.31 and there are also some correction reports for data even.

Cheers,

Julius

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the sound of things, previous upgrades were not transported to production. That is not a huge impact unless you decided to change something in production...

Missing will be "no check" indicators.

Alternately if SU24 was really maintained in production and the roles as well then you have a big problem on your hands there...! You will be able to see that via the date stamps in SU25 and the change docs in USOBT_CD table.

But what most likely happened is that the copy of production in sandbox upgraded the SU24 from 3.0 etc to 7.31, but the development system is 4.70 so hat much less. Just transport step 3 and the differences should clear themselves as that transports everything.

ps: 2A is no longer run automatically, but whe you do run it, then standard SAP proposals which are changes with the upgrade, are automatically adjusted to new values. This is because SAP makes the assumption that if they change something which you have not touched, then it could only possibly be an improvement or you are not using the thing at all anyway. Did you not read the popup?

Also, please check service.sap.com for notes related to SU25 before running the upgrade. Quite a few things changed in there between 4.70 Enterprize and 7.31 and there are also some correction reports for data even.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius your reply is very helpful and much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

SU25 -> Step 2A Output: Earlier SAP did not throw any output while executing Step 2A. The protocol in step 2a is a new feature and was requested by many customers (to have a printable result....). It is just for documentation of / if changes performed.

Lot many things have changed with SAP ECC 6.0 [EHP6]. Eg. Trace feature tcode: STAUTHTRACE, SECPOL, auth objects S_SECPOL; S_SECPOL_A; S_TABU_NAM; S_TABU_AL*

Thank you Julius for the above information as well.

I am also performing Security upgrade from ECC EHP3 [SAP NW 700] to EHP6 [SAP NW 731] in Sandbox system. I have completed steps 2A to 2D. However I did face issues with Step 2B as I did not receive the SAP standard tcodes which were changed from SAP defaults in earlier release.

Note: Sandbox is built as a copy of your production system.

What I did: I had a look at at USOBX_C {Modifier Flag = X} in production system; this listed SAP std tcodes which were modified from sap defaults. I went to SU24 of such tcodes in Sandbox system and the custom values were available as it is. That means though SAP did not gave such std tcodes in Step 2B, but their status was kept untouched (i.e. with custom maintained values).

Does this say that I only need to worry for such std tcodes when I need to change the defaults from customer maintained to standard sap proposal?

Issue: Did I follow the correct approach from comparing USOBX_C of PRD system?

Had a look at SCN blogs and found SAP Note 0001539556_Modification Flags, however I could not relate this to my scenario whether I shall implement this or not.

Can you please advise me on this?

Regards,

Sunny Doshi

0 Kudos

Yes, time stamps are now also used. If you confirm it once, then in step 2B you will only ever be asked to decide again IF SAP delivers something new AND you are the last modifier SINCE the previous SU25 processing. Otherwise it is ignored as nothing changed since the last SU25.

Cheers,

Julius