cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop all hana application on multiple nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a hana system with 2 nodes.

To apply note 1806009 I  need to stop all hana applications first.

I know "hdb stop" and "sapcontrol -nr instance_number -function StopSystem", but they stop HDB while I want HDB to be up.

What is the command to stop applications ONLY?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Stop all the applications that use the database.

If there is an SAP system connected to the HANA server (appliance) then you need to connect to the server where SAP is running and stop SAP there.

so basically you need to connect to the server where SAP is running and do these:

su - sidadm

stopsap r3

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP is with HDB.  I already stopped SAP as you said.

My feeling is that I need to stop index servers , statistics servers, etc. That is the reason I

raise this question.

So " stop all applications" means stopping index servers , statistics servers, etc.?

Thanks!

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

So " stop all applications" means stopping index servers , statistics servers, etc.?

And the SAP note says:

Stop all the applications that use the database.

This is required because a new data backup has to be created after you remove SAP HANA Statisticsserver. A log replay over the time of the service removal is not supported.

The index servers and the statistics servers are components of the database.

The note says "Stop all the applications that use the database." The index servers and the statistics servers (as per my understanding) are not applications.

If you want to be 100% sure then raise an OSS message and confirm that with the support.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

RB is right.

The index server, statistc server are process of SAP HANA database not process application.

SAP note recommends to shutdown application process.

Here the caution is about the ensure a good backup, so when you stop SAP application it stop to create logs.

Follow with SAP note application, as you told you've have stopped the SAP application.

Rgds,

Edinaldo JR

Answers (0)