cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanned document not available in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of the users has entered an Invoice in SAP with barcode of the document and stored the document using Openttext Enterprise Scan into Archive Server. But, she could not find that document attached to the invoice and could see that document in OAM1 which means that the document is not archived. We checked the Document Pipeline and it shows no errors.

But, she could archive the same document after changing the Barcode. So, my questions here.

1) Could that be the issue with duplicate Barcode?

2) Could the document be saved somewhere in SAP and not in Archive Server.

3) Where are the documents saved in SAP? i.e. in which tables? Is there any Tcode to check the documents saved in SAP and not in Archive Server.

4) Is there any chance of checking the documents saved in SAP based on the Barcode.

5) How do we check if the documents are stored in SAP or Archive Server?

6) Could you please show me the full architecture of SAP, Enterprise Scan, Document Pipeline and Archive Server and the related tables in SAP

I would really appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Thanks in advance,

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata

I answered few questions. Hope it helps.

1) Could that be the issue with duplicate Barcode?

Yes it could be. Once the document is scanned with a bar code,the bar code should disappear from OAM1, then it means it is stored in the content server.

2) Could the document be saved somewhere in SAP and not in Archive Server.

Wherever it is stored, it should still be visible.

3) Where are the documents saved in SAP? i.e. in which tables? Is there any Tcode to check the documents saved in SAP and not in Archive Server.

If the document is saved in Content server, it will be available in the table TOA01. If it is stored on SAP Database, it should be available on the table SOOD.

5) How do we check if the documents are stored in SAP or Archive Server?

Goto OAC0 and check the configuration of your content repository, you will know where the documents are stored.

Regards

VK