cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 5.0 SP11 Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

we currently updated our system and from that point on we have performance problems, especially the building up of the several dashboards got really slow.

We´ve already took a look on the SAP Note 1377081 - PPM 5.0: Performance.

Are there any recommendations or experiences about this topic?

Best regards,

I.Özcan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Melvi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Ibrahim,

Do you have metrics configured..which may be the cause of the issue.

Please check notes below.

This should fix the issue.

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Malvi!

I don't think so, because these notes you mentioned are all shipped with SP 11 and Ibrahim wrote in the entry message, that his company did an upgrade to SP 11.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malvi!

thanks for your response, but like Peter said, the notes were part of SP11.

Best regards,

Ibrahim

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim!

Some questions to isolate the issue:

- Do you have an ERP-integration?

- Do you have PPM installed on an ERP system or do you have an additional system for PPM (stand-alone) => check the network-connectivity for poor response times (SAP Basis Team / Network team)

- Do you have many customer enhancements for your dashboards (like data from ERP system extracted to the dashboards)

- Have you done additional enhancements between your old and the new SP level or did you only went to SP 11?

- How many projects/tasks/ elements in general do you display in the dashboards? => Recommendation: Limit the elements to a minimum, because data retrieval is time-consuming as well as the rendering cabability of WD ALV is poor. Even empty table rows are time consuming when rendering the WD ALV dashboards. So try again with e.g. 20 rows (under 'settings').

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your quick response. We have not started the ERP-integration, because we are still stuck in the phase of implementation. Our PPM runs on the ERP system and we have some customer enhacements, but all coming from the PPM, like the "reason". We only went to SP11. In general we have not more than 20 rows displayed in the dashboards. Even the switching between tabs, e.g. from My Projects to Favorites, takes very long.

Best regards,

Ibrahim

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim!

Perhaps you can do some SQL trace to identify the bottleneck of performance. It is very hard to say from the distance if some special customer enhancement is causing the performance issue.

If you say "the switch form my projects to favorites takes very long" can you quantify the duration (e.g. 30 seconds, 1 minute, etc...).

Does the performance issue also occur when e.g. staffing business partners or navigating inside a project?

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter!

the switch from one tab to another takes long, but thankfully not more than 15 sec.. The perfromance of the staffing and also the navigating in a project did not change. The only noticeable change occurs in the dashboards. I think we´ll do a SQL trace like you said in order to identify the cause of the problem.

Thanks and best regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter!

Note 1810457 - LPD: Schlechte Performance beim Öffnen eines Launchpads solved the problem.

Best regards,

I.Özcan

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim!

Thank you for your valueable reply! And great news hearing you solved your problem by implementing this note.

regards,

Peter